PDA

View Full Version : Mega thread - डिजाइनिंग & एनीमेशन

amit_tiwari
22-11-2010, 09:54 AM
नमस्कार,

इस विषय पर इन्टरनेट पर सामग्री बहुत अधिक मात्र में है किन्तु हिंदी में .०१% भी नहीं है अतः हिंदी भाषी छात्रों को सहायता देने के लिए इस सूत्र का निर्माण कर रहा हूँ |

मैं यहाँ पर कोई जानकारी आर्टिकल के रूप में नहीं लिखूंगा, यह एक प्रश्न उत्तर के जैसी श्रंखला होगी | जिस भी सदस्य को जानकारी चाहिए वे अपने प्रश्न पूंछें मैं संस्तुष्ट करने का प्रयास करूँगा |

प्रश्न किन सॉफ्टवेर से सम्बंधित हो सकते हैं वे इस प्रकार हैं ( यह सूचि समय समय पर अपडेट की जाती रहेगी :

photoshop
fireworks
dreamweaver
flash (action script basics only)
after effects
nuke
adobe premier pro
camtasia
autodesk max
vray
afterburn
fumefx
rayfire
thinking particle
particle flow(native plug-in of max)
realflow
mocha
boujour

topics related to audio video conversion

इनके अतिरिक्त किसी अन्य विषय पर जानकारी के लिए व्यक्तिगत सन्देश कर सकते हैं किन्तु इस सूत्र पर उनका उत्तर नहीं दिया जायेगा |

प्रश्न पूछने से पहले इन बातों पर ध्यान दें :

१- मैं वरीयता प्रायोगिक और जटिल प्रश्नों को दूंगा, जिन सदस्यों को अभी बेसिक में समस्या है उन्हें मैं उपर्युक्त स्थान का लिंक दे दूंगा |
२- प्रश्न तर्कसंगत और उपर्युक्त होना चाहिए, प्रश्नकरता से मैं आधारभूत जानकारी होने की अपेक्षा करूँगा |
३- उत्तर देने हेतु किसी समयसीमा की अपेक्षा ना करें, यदि किसी कारणवश प्रश्नकर्ता को जल्दी है तो उसका कारण प्रश्न के साथ लिख दें, मैं उसे वरीयता देने का प्रयास करूँगा |

धन्यवाद,
अमित

Help me to keep this thread clean. Don't post anything apart from query, question and doubts. Thanks

amit_tiwari
22-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Reserved for me.

madhavi
22-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I am using PS CS2
1. If there is any setting that after working on any image, I can save it in Jpg format directly without merging layers and without getting other format save option.
I know that after merging layers, we don't get psd format option.

2. when I open any image in PS CS2, I see image smaller than its actual size. What is the setting so I get the image in actual size directly.
Thank you.

amit_tiwari
22-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I am using PS CS2
1. If there is any setting that after working on any image, I can save it in Jpg format directly without merging layers and without getting other format save option.
I know that after merging layers, we don't get psd format option.

2. when I open any image in PS CS2, I see image smaller than its actual size. What is the setting so I get the image in actual size directly.
Thank you.

I assume you started working on PS recently.

Answers are;
1- No need to merge the layers. As soon as you are done with working on your image. Press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S and that will take you to the 'Save for web' dialogue. Here you can choose from PNG,JPEG,GIF formats and after clicking save on next window choose images only before hitting save button. This option remembers the location, format, percentage of quality for next use which makes life LOT easier.

Otherwise you can use 'Save As' option from the file menu as well but that is a un-cool way. You'll find very soon why i am saying this.

PS: Come up with any real real tough mind teasing question and i'll give you one handy shortcut key which will save your too much time in daily work with PS related to this question.

2- That's a lil intelligence of PS actually. It detects the resolution of your picture and resize it for better view so suppose if you monitor has resolution of 1280X800 and you are opening a picture of 5000X3500 then PS will scale it down. To zoom in use shortcut which is CTRL+(PLUS KEY)
There is no need of opening it at 100% at first instance and its for convenience actually.

Keep PS,
Cheers,
Amit

jitendragarg
07-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey amit,

I am trying a lot to get into gaming, but my animation skills are very poor. I want to go into programming side of gaming! Can you help me out finding the best course? Also, I would like to know more about the companies who do develop games in India, and prefer freshers! Although I have 3 years of work experience in IT industry, but I guess I am still a fresher when it comes to multimedia!

amit_tiwari
07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey amit,

I am trying a lot to get into gaming, but my animation skills are very poor. I want to go into programming side of gaming! Can you help me out finding the best course? Also, I would like to know more about the companies who do develop games in India, and prefer freshers! Although I have 3 years of work experience in IT industry, but I guess I am still a fresher when it comes to multimedia!

Hi Jitendra,

Gaming Industry has 4 kind of persons;

1-Low poly modelers and Environment artists
2-Rigging Guys
3-Shader or texture artists
4-Gaming engine related guys

So if you think your artistic part is weak you can choose between last two options. Shader artists are those who write texture codes. As nowadays games are getting more and more demanding typical shading is almost outta context so lots of studios are hiring coders to code texture and automate em.

As far as job is concerned you know what freshers are called and treated like in IT specially ;). So better to do some projects while you are learning (You can do cuz you are not exactly a fresher in programming i assume) If you keep an eye on few CG related forums, you'll get some projects where they hire various artists to volunteer in project. Their you'll get credit and real world experience.

Courses are tons in number but really tough to name anyone. I'll list few here in few days and also i'll suggest some DVDs to get in-depth info because 'believe it or not' indian institutes are way behind when it comes to core gaming/animation.

-Amit

jitendragarg
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Tell me about it. I have been a member of a gaming forum for past 1year or so. Still no luck finding the damn course. All the institutes offer just animation course, and all I want to learn is engine programming. I need some course on only the programming stuff, since I am more comfortable with that, and since I can't learn it in my organization. I tried reading articles, but they are hardly any help. :(

So, I thought, why not kick start a career as a fresher and move up the ladder, plus the fact that I am at the lowest level in my current organisation, transition won't hurt. :) What do you suggest? Career or course?

amit_tiwari
07-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Tell me about it. I have been a member of a gaming forum for past 1year or so. Still no luck finding the damn course. All the institutes offer just animation course, and all I want to learn is engine programming. I need some course on only the programming stuff, since I am more comfortable with that, and since I can't learn it in my organization. I tried reading articles, but they are hardly any help. :(

So, I thought, why not kick start a career as a fresher and move up the ladder, plus the fact that I am at the lowest level in my current organisation, transition won't hurt. :) What do you suggest? Career or course?

Ohh okay.

Let me know your current programming skills so that i can get info pertinent to your current knowledge.

Gaming engines depend on one particular software as base. Forget article i'll get you in-depth tutorials soon. I am totally into animation/VFX work so i never bothered about coding part of industry so have to search few days but material is there for sure.

Also each gaming artist is supposed to know 3DS Max's basics at least. Thats where everything starts so if you havn't started yet start today!!! 3DBuzz.com type site have plenty of material for beginners.

Aahhh i remember last year one company hired artists, animators, programmers for gaming project. Hard Luck but i am sure after this new year bash some projects will start. Will let you know if something passes from me.

Amit

jitendragarg
07-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Cool man! I will read up on 3ds Max again, although I am not sure if I will ever need it for programming stuff.. BTW, till now, I have worked in C#, VB, and basic of java only! I am learning how to use XNA framework, and WPF. Thinking of starting off with a small windows phone game development as a small project to write about.

Also, thanks for helping me out with this. Drinks on me, if I get a job! :cheers:

amit_tiwari
07-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Cool man! I will read up on 3ds Max again, although I am not sure if I will ever need it for programming stuff.. BTW, till now, I have worked in C#, VB, and basic of java only! I am learning how to use XNA framework, and WPF. Thinking of starting off with a small windows phone game development as a small project to write about.

Also, thanks for helping me out with this. Drinks on me, if I get a job! :cheers:

You'll not nead Max for programming but as everything is going to based on it, everyone is supposed to know like how to roam around in viewports, how to render any scene, how to assign textures to objects.
Max has complete support for programming languages through which you can automate dirty jobs like assigning textures automatically to objects and other shit. Studios loves those guys who can smartly write programs to automate stuff.

And yes drinks on me whenever you come to Delhi.:cheers:

Cheers