PDA

View Full Version : why do people commit suicide?

pratul
17-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Day before yesterday I heard on some news channel that in the second week of january ten suicides have been commited in the city of Mumbai.Many people commit suicide every year, every day and in every part of the world and may be few will end up there life when I finish this article but the saddest fact is most of them are youth like me and you aged between 12-24 and this statistics of ten suicides in seven days in which all of them were students left me with a question haunting my mind that why do people commit suicide?

Suicide is basically an indicator of the mental health of our society and these numbers here, are strong enough to tell that mentally we are not fit . We have loaded ourselves with so much of burden that at every step out of the door we find competition and when we fail to comply with the expectations(which are actually a failure side of someone else that we have to carry ) we find no shoulder to cry on.
The people who are supposed to be our guides on the pathway of life turn the backs on us as if an unforgettable sin has been commited by their child after which they won't be able to show the face in their esteemed society of geeks.

http://www.mediapsychology.eu/blog-en/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/veja-s-spago.jpg

This is the time when suicidal thoughts start striking the mind and you find no better solution than ending up the life.These thoughts are so powerful that once they enter your mind they don't just sit idle but keep nailing your head like a hammer, they push, they urge and they compell, and this prolonged phase of distress, and abuse drag everyone to the death door.

Can't we be content with what we have? Can we stop comparing ourselves with others? Can we stop comparing our children? These are some additional set of questions which arise here.

So, is there any way so that we can refrain our youth from taking such a serious step? I have exposed education as the only reason here for people to commit suicide which is acting as the biggest burden here for our children in an age span of 12-24 but there are some other reasons too like emotional upset, poverty,poor health , negligience, terrible living conditions and many more which can force anyone to take such a formidable step.

But, instead of seeing our loved ones floating alone like a boat with no aim in this ocean of ambitions if we can be the comany for them in their downtimes, we can save them.
You will have to understand one fact that Always give your best shot but also keep a space for the worst in one corner of your mind so that you do not get a shock suddenly and every problem of life is like a boring seen of a movie which will get over soon. So, do not worry.

From now onwards if you find someone getting into the negative thoughts or you yourself get trapped by them just tell them and tell yourself that "Life is not a race, you don't have to run fast everytime, the only truth is you have to keep going... and going even in the most prominent cyclones thrown your way by this cruel destiny and you will certainly reach the destination one day.. for sure."

Keep smiling...:)

YUVRAJ
30-12-2010, 05:38 AM
:clap:...:clap:...:clap:...:clap:...:bravo:

pooja 1990
30-12-2010, 07:17 AM
marne do muje kya.jo mar raha hai ye use soachna chahiye.ki bo apne peeche kitne duki logo ko chod kar ja raha hai.

lalit1234
30-12-2010, 09:37 AM
वैसे भी खुद को ख़त्म कर लेना बड़ी हिम्मत का काम है लेकिन जिन बातों या परिस्थितियों से परेशान होकर लोग आत्महत्या जैसा कदम उठाते हैं , क्या उसी हिम्मत के साथ उन परिस्थितियों का मुकाबला नहीं किया जा सकता .................?

Hamsafar+
30-12-2010, 09:52 AM
वैसे भी खुद को ख़त्म कर लेना बड़ी हिम्मत का काम है लेकिन जिन बातों या परिस्थितियों से परेशान होकर लोग आत्महत्या जैसा कदम उठाते हैं , क्या उसी हिम्मत के साथ उन परिस्थितियों का मुकाबला नहीं किया जा सकता .................?

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo: