PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thread ideas - please post yours.

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Folks,

Let's add your thread ideas here.

Let's come up with a nice list of new thread that'll spark more activity on forum.

http://legacy.lclark.edu/faculty/jsmiller/objects/idea_bulb.jpg

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:22 PM
One cheap idea. :bang-head:

One of the easiest ways is post something you know most of them are going to disagree with.

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Ask the Next Person A Question Game.

The next person who replies answers the question, and then asks a question of their own. The next poster replies to that question, and then posts a question of their own. And so on.

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Story (When someone begins with the first paragraph to a story, then the next person posts another paragraph)

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
The last post wins
- the never ending game that goes on and on

amit_tiwari
05-02-2011, 01:25 PM
One cheap idea. :bang-head:

One of the easiest ways is post something you know most of them are going to disagree with.

Abhishek you're stealing my idea :P

You know i am using this style since first day!!! LMAO :rolling::bakar:

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:25 PM
famous people that annoy you.

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Abhishek you're stealing my idea :P

You know i am using this style since first day!!! LMAO :rolling::bakar:

:party: I got this idea from your threads only..

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:36 PM
आप मरना कैसे पसंद करेंगे?

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:37 PM
मैं शेखचिल्ली बोल रहा हूँ ?

abhisays
05-02-2011, 01:40 PM
The news that can shock you.

amit_tiwari
05-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I think i can start a thread targeting forum members with light jokes like below:

The news that can shock you.

Few shocking news:

1) Abhishek is going to marry.:music:

2) Me and Sikandar are having affair.:iloveyou:

3) Bhoomi won first prize in weight lifting.:what:

4) Jitendra started poetry.:drunk:

5) Arvind ji started acting like me.:boxing::boxing:

arvind
05-02-2011, 02:00 PM
I think i can start a thread targeting forum members with light jokes like below:

Few shocking news:

good idea..... jokes on ourselves is a best and different idea instead of a sardar jee.

jitendragarg
05-02-2011, 02:27 PM

Few shocking news:

I did some poetry, so that's not shocking! :harhar: BTW, idea is good, if implemented well. Chances of these kind of thread backfiring is too much! :censored:

amit_tiwari
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
I did some poetry, so that's not shocking! :harhar: BTW, idea is good, if implemented well. Chances of these kind of thread backfiring is too much! :censored:

I actually did this experiment with 'Chaudagara Airline' and Arvind ji can tell if it was successful or not. Chaudagara was purely based on members and it became a trend later on. Alas! i did that at wrong place.

arvind
05-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I actually did this experiment with 'Chaudagara Airline' and Arvind ji can tell if it was successful or not. Chaudagara was purely based on members and it became a trend later on. Alas! i did that at wrong place.
Yes it is true that "chaudagara Airlines" was one the most successful melo drama, whose all character was real forum's member and played most humours role in the thread. One the most popular and demanding thread.

abhisays
05-02-2011, 04:05 PM

Now after the arrival of new mods and departure of controversial memebrs, chances of backfiring is less. We must start this kind of thread.

jitendragarg
05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Same kind of idea was coined by a gaming forum, that I frequent, and it did backfired. They tried to fool everyone saying a foreign organization is buying the forum, and they are selling it for money. In the end, they had to stop it cuz of death threats to the moderators. So, I will say lets keep the community growing for a while, before attempting that kind of stunt.

BTW, what happened to the contest idea? I say, we can have one for valentine day! two questions, and best thread created by member to participate in thread. Winner gets a keychain, and mug, or maybe some valentine related gift. Starting with small gifts is better. If you guys are okay, I can modify the contest thread (its currently in moderator zone, named "pratiyogita"), and make it public. Same can be posted on blogs and facebook page too, to increase new members!

:cheers:

amit_tiwari
05-02-2011, 04:31 PM
BTW, what happened to the contest idea? I say, we can have one for valentine day! two questions, and best thread created by member to participate in thread. Winner gets a keychain, and mug, or maybe some valentine related gift. Starting with small gifts is better. If you guys are okay, I can modify the contest thread (its currently in moderator zone, named "pratiyogita"), and make it public. Same can be posted on blogs and facebook page too, to increase new members!

I agree :cheers:

Lets start and see the responses.
If everything goes well then we can move up.

jitendragarg
05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
I have edited the original contest thread here (http://myhindiforum.com/showthread.php?t=2012). Edit the opening post to include your suggestions about the rules. For the prize idea, post them as a response.

jitendragarg
19-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Where is everyone? No one added their ideas for the contest! :bang-head:

BTW, thought of a new idea for thread. Conversational Hindi course for non-Hindi readers. What say? We can make it a closed thread to remove unnecessary comments.

Also, why is no one else, tweeting the threads? Atleast, we moderators can tweet a thread or two, on daily basis. We do have a lot of good threads already, which needs to be publicized.

abhisays
19-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Where is everyone? No one added their ideas for the contest! :bang-head:

http://myhindiforum.com/showpost.php?p=51448&postcount=5

Forum User of the month has already been announced.