PDA

View Full Version : Yaad Na Jaaye Bite Dinon Ki!

umesh
23-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Doordarshan period! Many remembered 50 years of Doordarshan in the year just passed year 2009, many didn’t. When memories comes in mind, heart goes out of control!

Many actors/actresses who featured at that time can be seen on either small or big screen. For example, Jayshree Arora who played character of the common housewife character Bhagyavanti in first soap opera ‘Hum log’ can be seen in ‘Yahan Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli’! Rajesh Puri who was known at that time as Lallu was recently seen in ‘Gunwale Dulhaniyan Le Jaayenge!’ which was directed also by himself. Now he is acting as boss of Sonu (Varun Badola) in serial ‘Sonu Sweety’. Nanhe (Abhinav Chaturvedi) was lastly seen in Subhash Ghai’s ‘Saudagar’. Basesarram (Vindo Nagpal) was lastly seen in ‘Karma’. Seema Bhargava who played Badki in ‘Hum Log’ was seen in some serial, but I forgot the name. May be serial was not worth to be remembered!

Renuka Israni who played character of Usha Rani was seen as Gandhari in serial ‘Mahabharat’. Grandmother Sushma Seth is almost retired, but she acted as mother of Rishi Kapoor in many films (few are ‘Diwana’ and ‘Bol Radha Bol’). Prince Ajay Singh in ‘Hum Log’ was played by Aasif Sheikh. He acted as hero in ‘Rama O Rama’ and then turned to play small Goonda in David Dhawan’s films like ‘Kunwara’, Rakesh Roshan’s films like ‘Karan Arjun’. But if we talk about small screen, we should take his name with one of the longest running serial on Indian Idiot Box (not the infamous ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’, but) ‘Yes Boss’. In ‘Yes Boss’ he played character of boss Vinod Varma. Now he can be seen in ‘Ye Chanda Kanoon Hai’ playing character of lawyer Vibhooti Narayan.

But where is Archana Joglekar (serial Kissa Shanti ka and film Sansar fame)? Yes, the Archna which was seen with Jayant Kriplani in serial ‘Mr. Ya Mrs.’ can seen laughing a loud in ‘Comedy Circus’ and hitting Akshay Kumar on a** in ‘De Dhana Dhan’. Jayant Kriplani and Girish Karnard are almost absent from the hindi tv and film scenario. ‘Karamchand’ Pankaj Kapoor has been active in serial (to give name a few, office office) and films, but now he is almost absent. ‘Karamchand’’s Kity Sushmita Mukherjee is playing mother in law who is sandwiched between her mother in law and daughter in law in serial ‘Kabhi Saas Kabhi Bahu’. So much names of actors from DD period are there that we are not able to remember all of them here!

But I can’t stop my hand running on keyboard to write few names of news readers. They are Shammi Narang, J B Raman, Ved Chaturvedi, Manjari Joshi, Avinash Sarin, Sarla Maheshwari. Where are they? Kahan Gaye Wo Log?

However, recently I got surprised when I saw almost vanished star of Doordarshan period in eBay ad. They were Dr. Narottam Puri and Komal G.B. Singh. Dr. Narottam Puri was regular as cricket commentator as today Harsha Bhogle is. Dr. Puri is not changed. He is still with his thin but famous moustache. However Komal has got much fatty and she looks much older.

And yes, Sadhana Srivastava! The famous announcer of Doordarshan period! I found her picture on net and memories got back in mind of ‘Aap Aur Hum’ (used to come on Tuesdays) in which viewers letteres were read!

Are you hearing a sweet sound of Rafisaab singing, Yaad Na Jaaye Bite Dinon Ki?!

Source :: http://jaywantpandyasblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/who-are-they-in-ad-of-ebay-tell-me-abe.html

shilpa
14-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Remember the golden DD days? I used to love those serials like anything. "nukkad, fauji, mungerilal ke haseen sapne, circus, hum log, mahabharat, ramayan............. " One of the golden legacies was "BYOMKESH BAKSHI" ... a terrific detective serial and our reply to the might of SHERLOCK HOLMES !!

:cheers: for Doordarshan..

abhishek
02-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Jane Gaye kaha woh din.. I miss those golden doordarshan day.. of late 80s and early 90s.....

rambler
14-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I really liked most of the Doordarshan serials too. For one this it didn't get embarassing to watch it with the whole families. Also most of the DD serials showed women empowerment and try to improve the girl status....as opposed to all the Saas-bahu stuff now where women are mostly pativarta or back biting vixens.

Some of good DD serials were
Udaan
Mirza Ghalib (on the life of Ghalib enacted by Naseeruddin Shah)
Ek Khani (short stories from the world)
Karamchand (it was the only late night serial we were allowed to stay up to watch)
Tamas (on partition)
Buniyaad
Hum Log
Yeh Jo hai Zindagi (Good comedy had Ratna Pathak shah, Satish Shah, Rakesh Behl)
Chunauti (Troubles of college kids)
Indradhanush (some kind of science fiction with time travel)
Circus (strory around circus starred Shah Rukh and Renuka shahne(
Fauji (Again Shah Rukh)
Dil Dariya and Doosra Kewal Had Shah Rukh too
Dad Dadi ki khani (grad parents telling old indian fairy tales)
Bikram Baital (Betaal- a ghost tells strories with a moral to King Vikramaditya)
Farmaan -Starred Kanwaljit and was Mills and Boon kind of romance. That was the first DD TV serial to show a kiss.
Ulta-pulta - Which brought Jaspal Bhatti into limelight for bringing all social issues to front in a lighthearted way.
He later started a serial Flop-show

kumaran
16-03-2010, 05:32 PM
what about gul gulshan gulfam , himalay darshan - they were equally good as well

abhishek
16-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Gul Gulshan Gulfaam was one-of-the first serial to be based in Kashmir and portrayed a Kashmiri family and became an instant hit, and ran for 45 episodes.

It portrayed a Kashmiri family making a living from their three houseboats, 'Gul', 'Gulshan' and 'Gulfam', but their livelihood is threatened as running houseboats for tourists, which hit a low, due to terrorism. The outdoor of the serial was mostly shot in Srinagar.

Parikshit Sahni, Radha Seth played the lead, along with Neena Gupta, Pankaj Berry and Kanwaljit Singh . An extremely young Kunal Khemu, then living in Srinagar, also part of this show, making his debut as an actor.

sumit
31-03-2010, 08:26 AM
I think Doordarshan should start showing its old serials. This will help it to regain its number 1 position in metros of India.

rocky007
15-09-2010, 02:13 AM
i miss.. Stone Boy and Wagle Ki Duniya..... :cry:

Bholu
05-05-2011, 12:08 PM
कुछ लम्हे होते है प्यार
अहसास के
और इजहार के

malaikagosip
13-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Yaad Na Jaaye Bite Dinon Ki it is my favorite song

lindadale
25-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Its really true i am totally agree with you.I miss all the old serials they really have some different flavor.