PDA

View Full Version : Famous Leaders of the World

shilpa
06-02-2010, 05:56 PM
There have been hundreds of great leaders all over the world since time known. Here are some of them.

Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)
Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States of America and also one of the most popular and well known leaders, all over the world. Abraham Lincoln was the pioneer of Emancipation Proclamation which abolished slavery in America. He was also successful in leading the American Civil War. Lincoln was criticized for his policies and was assassinated while serving his term as a president.

Gamal Abdel Nasser (1918 - 1970)
Gamal Abdel Nasser is one of the greatest and most respected leaders in Egypt as well as the other Arab countries. He led the country to overthrow the monarchy and form a modern government. Specifically, his role in the Suez canal crisis gained him respect from all the others countries of the world.

Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, or Mahatma (meaning great soul), was one of the greatest leaders of India. Mahatma Gandhi played a pivotal role in the Indian struggle for Independence from the British rule. His policy of Satyagraha, or the non-violence, become a source of inspiration for several other movements in the world.

Mao Zedong (1893 - 1976)
Mao Zedong, or Mao Tse-tung, can be called as a revolutionary, visionary, philosopher and a leader who contributed in bringing reforms in China. Mao was a communist leader, but, his policies which were based on communism-militarism-Marxism led to a new theory known as the Maoism. Mao was the chairman or the chief of the republic of China for more than 30 years.

Mustafa Kemal (1881 - 1938)
Mustafa Kemal, or the Atatürk, was the founder and the first president of Republic of Turkey, or the modern Turkey. He led the nation in the Turkish War of Independence and formed a new form of government. Mustafa Kemal brought great revolutionary changes in Turkey in the fields of education, economy, culture, agriculture and also made reforms for the liberation of women.

Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)
Napoleon I of France or simply Napoleon, needs no introduction. He was one of the greatest military commanders as well as a great leader and tactician in history. He became the leader of France after the French revolution. Napoleon was victorious in wars with nearly all the major powers of Europe.

Vladimir Lenin (1870 - 1924)
Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, was the founder of the Bolshevik and also one of the prominent revolutionaries of the Russian revolution. Lenin played an important role in overthrowing the autocratic rule of the Romanov Tsars in Russia. Lenin was the first Head of State of the USSR or the Soviet Union who made industrial development in the Soviet Union.

abhishek
07-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Nice compilation Shilpa.. keep posting. we love your posts.. :clap::clap::clap:

iketz0
04-03-2010, 06:40 AM
I like Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Gandhi. There are really two of the most popular and greatest leaders who ever lived in this world.

harrylee
13-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Leader are the person who change world. They saw world new way. And i m happy to know more information through your comment. It is is good idea for share our information to with other. I read all leader information. This type of comment i waiting always. Thank you very much