PDA

View Full Version : What is the most popular password on internet?

mahesh
07-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Guess

Guess

--

----

--------

---------------

--------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it is

“123456″

Based on the Analysis, 32 million breached passwords, obtained from last month’s RockYou.com server breach, from which researchers from Imperva were able to Analyze that millions of users choose these kind of unsecure passwords.

Imperva Application Defence centre analyzed the strength of the passwords.
They also find that one half of the users use the similar password for all the websites they require to login.

Key Findings of this report:

-Because of the poor passwords, in just 110 attempts, a hacker can break and access to one new account on every second or a mere minutes to break into 1000 accounts.

-About 30% of users chose passwords whose length is equal or below six characters

-Moreover, almost 60% of users chose their passwords from a limited set of alpha-numeric characters

-Nearly 50% of users used names, slang words, dictionary words or trivial passwords (consecutive digits, adjacent keyboard keys, and so on).
The most common password among Rockyou.com account owners is “123456”.

:eek::eek::eek:

jitendragarg
07-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Huh!!! Aur mujhe laga main akela apna password "123456" rakhta hoon. :bang-head:

raju
07-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Huh!!! Aur mujhe laga main akela apna password "123456" rakhta hoon. :bang-head:

I also, thanks for this information. I will change all my default password today only..

:iagree: we should have strong password to prevent hacking