PDA

View Full Version : Facebook will vanish in 2020, predicts analyst:

abhisays
06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Bad news for Mr Zuckerberg. The world without Facebook sounds unbelievable, but after its sliding stocks a hedge fund manager has predicted that Facebook will "disappear" in five to eight years. According to Eric Jackson, the founder of Ironfire Capital, said, "In five to eight years they are going to disappear in the way that Yahoo has disappeared."

"Yahoo is still making money. It's still profitable, still has 13,000 employees working for it. But it's 10 per cent of the value that it was at the height of 2000. For all intents and purposes, it's disappeared." Jackson noted that so far there have been three generations of Internet companies. Yahoo, a Web portal, is a great example as an online pioneer.

Facebook then swept in as the second generation with the wave of social media. The third generation is all about mobile, he said.

abhisays
08-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Facebook users are now spending less time on the social networking site, with just two out of five people signing into their profile every day, according to a survey.
A poll released by Reuters and Ispos revealed that six months ago, one out of two users visited every day. The poll, covering 1032 Americans, also found that 34 percent of users surveyed were spending less time on the site, with only 20 percent saying they were spending more. The news about user engagement comes months after the site switched to a "Timeline' form and just days after the company's botched IPO.

internetpremi
18-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I still don't have a Facebook account.
I never felt the need.
I was never attracted to it and so decided to avoid it totally.
Membership in Forums like this, emailing, and joining Yahoo/Google group email lists meet my need, are less addictive and less intrusive.
Some friends told me it was a wise decision.
They admitted that they were wasting too much time on Facebook.