PDA

View Full Version : J K Rowling ‘accused of plagiarism’

neha
18-02-2010, 08:01 PM
The author of the Harry Potter series, J K Rowling, is facing a multi-million-dollar lawsuit for plagiarizing various ideas from the late Adrian Jacobs. According to ‘The Times,’ JK Rowling lifted ideas for her books from Jacobs, who previously authored a children’s book.

http://students.ou.edu/K/Rakesh.Kodi-1/images/jkrowling.jpg

The JK Rowling plagiarism claim has been going on off and on since 2004. Besides the Jacob estate, several other authors have accused Rowling of plagiarizing their stories, but to date none have been successful in their lawsuits.

abhishek
02-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I am shocked to read this news.. not only I, almost all the fans of Rowling are shocked. :bang-head:

Sushil
27-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I am shocked to read this news.. not only I, almost all the fans of Rowling are shocked. :bang-head:

Yeah Abhi, you are right m shocked too :omg::bang-head:
So do have any idea whether its true of not!?

tomjstn7
23-06-2010, 07:18 PM
I happened to find this article delightful. Or: This unflinching expose brings to light the hackneyed turns of phrase that are all too common in the book reviewer’s milieu. The prose is at once tongue-in-cheek yet haunting, deceptively simple yet multilayered.

princehappy
25-08-2010, 07:33 PM
If we are all suggesting good fantasy books Temeraire series is good, although some secondary characters are also disposable / likely to be bumped as a romantic lead in a show of Joss Whedo

jitendragarg
27-08-2010, 07:13 AM
If we are all suggesting good fantasy books Temeraire series is good, although some secondary characters are also disposable / likely to be bumped as a romantic lead in a show of Joss Whedo

Kindly use the preview post function, to make sure you are posting replies in right section. Next time, your replies will be deleted, if found posted in wrong section.

:cheers:

johnmartin
01-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I was just shocked after hearing the news about rowling. I think all fans of rowling are feeling very bad..