PDA

View Full Version : Religious Thought

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

aspundir
25-12-2012, 03:20 PM
The real love is to love them that hate you, to love your neighbor even though you distrust him.
- Mahatma Gandhi

__._,_.___

aspundir
25-12-2012, 03:21 PM
He has made his way past this hard-going path --samsara, delusion-- has crossed over, has gone beyond, is free from want, from perplexity, absorbed in jhana, through no-clinging Unbound: he's what I call a brahmin.
- Dhammapada, 26, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

__._,_.___

aspundir
25-12-2012, 03:21 PM
The highest person is he who is of most use to humankind.
- 'Ali bin Abi Talib, "Masters of the Path"

__._,_.___

aspundir
25-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Till men have faith in Christ, their best services are but glorious sins.
- Thomas Brooks

__._,_.___

aspundir
25-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Rather the bite of a friend than the kiss of an enemy.
- Sholom Aleichem, "Menahem Mendel"

__._,_.___

aspundir
26-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Every good fortune, Wives, friends, houses, lands, All these gifts and riches ... They are a dream, A juggling act, A traveling show! A few days, and they are gone.
- Ashtavakra Gita 10:2

__._,_.___

aspundir
Don't cling to your own understanding. Even if you do understand something, you should ask yourself if there might be something you have not fully resolved, or if there may be some higher meaning yet.
- Dogen

__._,_.___

aspundir
Listen to your heart and not your ego. Your ego prompts you to boast of vain assertions to obtain the glory of this world. Turn away from vanity and seek Him in the recesses of your heart and soul.
- Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani, "Fayuz E Yazdani"

__._,_.___

aspundir
26-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Prayer does not fit us for the greater work, prayer is the greater work.
- Oswald Chambers

__._,_.___

aspundir
26-12-2012, 09:25 PM
If we were to walk in the woods and a spring appeared just when we became thirsty, we would call it a miracle. And if on a second walk, if we became thirsty at just that point again, and again the spring appeared, we would remark on the coincidence. But if that spring were there always, we would take it for granted and cease to notice it. Yet is that not more miraculous still?
- Baal Shem Tov

__._,_.___

bindujain
26-12-2012, 09:54 PM
इंसान असफल तब नहीं होता जब वह हार जाता है। असफल तब होता है जब वो ये सोच ले कि अब वो जीत नहीं सकता।

aspundir
27-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Finding freedom in this life, The seeker takes nothing to heart, Neither duty nor desire. He has nothing to do But to live out his life. The master lives beyond the boundaries of desire. Delusion or the world, Meditation on the truth, Liberation itself-- What are they to him?
- Ashtavakra Gita 18: 13-14

__._,_.___

aspundir
27-12-2012, 03:39 PM
He knows his former lives. He sees heavens and states of woe, has attained the ending of birth, is a sage who has mastered full-knowing, his mastery totally mastered: he's what I call a brahmin.
- Dhammapada 423, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

__._,_.___

aspundir
The Merciful is kind to those who are merciful. If you show compassion to your fellow creatures in this world, then those in heaven shall be compassionate toward you.
- Hadith The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as narrated by Abd'Allah bin Amr

__._,_.___

aspundir
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his span of life?
- Matthew 6:26-27

__._,_.___

aspundir
Man was created so that he might lift up the heavens.
- Mendel of Kotzk

__._,_.___

aspundir
28-12-2012, 06:43 PM
All those who take refuge in me, whatever their birth, race, sex, or caste, will attain the supreme goal; this realization can be attained even by those whom society scorns. Kings and sages too seek this goal with devotion. Therefore, having been born in this transient and forlorn world, give all your love to me.
- Bhagavad Gita

__._,_.___

aspundir
28-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Subhuti asked: "You say, Honored One, that a follower of the way does not need to build up goodness and happiness. Why is that?" The Buddha replied: "Subhuti, a true follower will express goodness and happiness but will not be caught up in the concepts of goodness and happiness. Thats why I say that he does not need to build up goodness and happiness, which would only be concept traps, for goodness and happiness will be there without any idea of them."
- Diamond Sutra

__._,_.___

aspundir
The bottom of the river is full of jewels. Take heed! Do not make the water turbid. The spirit of man is like the air: when dust surrounds it the sky is veiled. Notwithstanding such a state of darkness, God made visions to help you find the road to redemption.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
I believe very confidently in the truth of Scripture, where it says that there is no authority, no power given to man except as given by God.
- Steven Curtis Chapman

aspundir
28-12-2012, 06:45 PM
A good man does not sell his beast to a cruel person.
- Medieval Sefer Hasidim

__._,_.___

aspundir
29-12-2012, 09:56 PM
But O how wonderful! I am the unbounded deep In whom all living things Naturally arise, Rush against each other playfully, And then subside.
- Ashtavakra Gita 2:25

__._,_.___

aspundir
Hostilities aren't stilled through hostility, regardless. Hostilities are stilled through non-hostility: this, an unending truth.
- Dhammapada, 1, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

__._,_.___

aspundir
There is a key for everything, and the key to Paradise is to love the poor.
- Hadith The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Ibn Umar

__._,_.___

aspundir
29-12-2012, 09:57 PM
The one who returns from a distance is greater than the one who was always close. What matters is not so much where you stand, but with what force you are moving in which direction.
- Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneersohn, the Lubavitcher Rebbe

__._,_.___

aspundir
29-12-2012, 10:44 PM
The Christian must be consumed by the conviction of the infinite beauty of holiness and the infinite damnability of sin.
- Thomas Carlyle

__._,_.___

aspundir
30-12-2012, 09:49 PM
The Self looks like the world. But this is just an illusion. The Self is everywhere. One. Still. Free. Perfect. The witness of all things, Awareness Without action, clinging or desire.
- Ashtavakra Gita 1:12

__._,_.___

aspundir
His attachments, his homes, can't be found. Through knowing he is unperplexed, has attained the plunge into deathlessness: he's what I call a brahmin. He has gone beyond attachment here for both merit & evil— sorrowless, dustless, & pure: he's what I call a brahmin.
- Dhammapada 411-412, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

__._,_.___

aspundir
There is a key for everything, and the key to Paradise is to love the poor.
- Hadith The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Ibn Umar

__._,_.___

aspundir
Love wholeheartedly, be surprised, give thanks and praise-- then you will discover the fullness of your life.
- Brother David Steindl-Rast

__._,_.___

aspundir
30-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Provoke not one of another belief.
- Asher b. Yehiel, "Hanhaga"

__._,_.___

bindujain
31-12-2012, 05:11 AM
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mahatma Gandhi

bindujain
31-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Life is only an opportunity to grow, to be, to bloom. Life in itself is empty; unless you are creative you will not be able to fill it with fullfilment. You have a song in your heart to be sung and you have a dance to be danced.

~ Osho ~

bindujain
31-12-2012, 07:28 PM
आप स्वयं है अपने कर्म के जिम्मेदार

* कर्मवाद का सिद्धांत भारतीय दर्शन का विशिष्ट सिद्धांत है।

* संसार में कोई भी, किसी को सुख-दुख देने वाला नहीं है। किसी को किसी ने सुख-दुख दिया है, यह मात्र कुबुद्धि है।

* जैसा शुभ-अशुभ कर्म व्यक्ति करेगा, उसे अवश्य ही फल भोगना पड़ेगा।

* प्रत्येक देहधारी प्राणी को अपने कर्म तो भोगने ही पड़ते हैं। चाहे वह ज्ञानी हो या मूर्ख। अंतर इतना ही है कि ज्ञानी अपने मन को ज्ञान से समझकर उनका हंसते हुए भोगता है और मूर्ख रोता हुआ भोगता है।

* जैसा कर्म भोग होता है, व्यक्ति को वैसा ही साधन, बुद्धि, सहायक एवं स्थान प्राप्त हो जाता है। अपने कर्म का जिम्मेदार जीवात्मा स्वयं ही है।

bindujain
31-12-2012, 07:30 PM
सुखी रहे सब जीव, जगत में कोई कभी ना घबरावें।
बैर, पाप, अभिमान, छोड़, जग नित्य नए मंगल गावें।
-जैन धर्म

bindujain
01-01-2013, 04:43 AM
शठ सुधरहिं सतसंगति पाई । पारस परस कुधातु सुहाई ॥
— गोस्वामी तुलसीदास

bindujain
01-01-2013, 04:45 AM
आत्म-वृक्ष के फूल और फल शक्ति को ही समझना चाहिए।

- श्रीमद्भागवत

aspundir
01-01-2013, 07:22 PM
If men are disposed to spread the faults of friends, What deadly harm might they do to strangers?
- Tirukkural 188

__._,_.___

aspundir
01-01-2013, 07:22 PM
There is, O monks, a realm, where there is neither earth, nor water, nor fire, nor wind, neither the sphere of boundless consciousness, nor the sphere of nothingness, nor the sphere of neither-perception-nor-non-perception, neither this world nor the next world, nor both together, nor moon and sun. This, O monks, I call neither a going, nor a coming, nor a standing, nor dying, nor being born. It is without a foothold, without a beginning, without a foundation. This indeed is the end of suffering.
- Udana 8.1

__._,_.___

aspundir
01-01-2013, 07:23 PM
That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.
- Mathnawi [III, 4129]

__._,_.___

aspundir
To stand on one leg and prove God's existence is a very different thing from going on one's knees and thanking Him.
- Sren Kierkegaard

__._,_.___

aspundir
Shammai said: Receive all people cheerfully.
- Ethics of the Fathers 1:15

__._,_.___

aspundir
03-01-2013, 09:29 PM
There is a city with eleven gates Of which the ruler is the unborn Self, Whose light forever shines. They go beyond Sorrow who meditate on the Self And are freed from the cycle of birth and death. For this Self is supreme!
- Katha Upanishad

__._,_.___

aspundir
Feelings, whether of compassion or irritation, should be welcomed, recognized, and treated on an absolutely equal basis; because both are ourselves. The tangerine I am eating is me. The mustard greens I am planting are me. I plant with all my heart and mind. I clean this teapot with the kind of attention I would have were I giving the baby Buddha or Jesus a bath. Nothing should be treated more carefully than anything else. In mindfulness, compassion, irritation, mustard green plant, and teapot are all sacred.
- Thich Nhat Hanh, "Miracle of Mindfulness"

__._,_.___

aspundir
Fear and hope are two pillars of faith. By practicing either one of them a person will not fall into error, because both fear and hope lead to union. Those who fear devote themselves to God through fear of separation from Him, and those who hope worship in hope of realizing the ultimate union.
- Al-Razi, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"

__._,_.___

aspundir
03-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Christ, the Lord, is risen today, Alleluia! Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia! Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia! Sing, ye heavens, and earth, reply, Alleluia!
- Charles Wesley

__._,_.___

aspundir
03-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Moral action is the meeting place between the human and the divine.
- Leon Roth, "Jewish Thought...in Civilization"

__._,_.___

aspundir
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
The sorrows of duty, Like the heat of the sun, Have scorched your heart. But let stillness fall on you With its sweet and cooling showers, And you will find happiness.
- Ashtavakra Gita 18:3

__._,_.___

aspundir
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
It is a defect in language that words suggest permanent realities and people do not see through this deception. But mere words cannot create reality. Thus people speak of a final goal and believe it is real, but it is a form of words and the goal as such is without substance. The one who realizes the emptiness of objects and concepts does not depend on words. Perfect wisdom is beyond definition, and pathlessness is the way to it. The wise one treads this path for the direct realization of impermanence and for the direct realization of understanding. This, then, is perfect wisdom. Such a one should tread this path knowing that attachment and attractions are neither good nor harmful, even enlightenment is neither good nor harmful, because perfect wisdom is not meant to promote good or harm for that person. However, even though there is no intention of good or harm, it does confer endless blessing.
- Prajnaparamita

__._,_.___

aspundir
05-01-2013, 08:59 PM
During prostration a servant draws nearest to the Lord, so augment your devotions.
- Hadith The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Hurairah

__._,_.___

aspundir
God, having placed good and evil in our power, has given us full freedom of choice; He does not keep back the unwilling, but embraces the willing.
- John Chrysoston

__._,_.___

aspundir
This is what you shall do to them in consecrating them to serve Me as priests: Take a young bull of the herd and two rams without blemish; also unleavened bread, unleavened cakes with oil mixed in, and unleavened wafers spread with oil--make these of choice wheat flour. Place these in one basket and present them in the basket, along with the bull and the two rams. Lead Aaron and his sons up to the entrance of the Tent of Meeting, and wash them with water. Then take the vestments, and clothe Aaron with the tunic, the robe of the ephod, the ephod, and the breastpiece, and gird him with the decorated band of the ephod. Put the headdress on his head, and place the holy diadem upon the headdress. Take the anointing oil and pour it on his head and anoint him. Then bring his sons forward; clothe them with tunics and wind turbans upon them. And gird both Aaron and his sons with sashes. And so they shall have priesthood as their right for all time. You shall then ordain Aaron and his sons. Lead the bull up to the front of the Tent of Meeting, and let Aaron and his sons lay their hands upon the head of the bull. Slaughter the bull before the Lord, at the entrance of the Tent of Meeting, and take some of the bull's blood and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger; then pour out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar. Take all the fat that covers the entrails, the protuberance on the liver, and the two kidneys with the fat on them, and turn them into smoke upon the altar. The rest of the flesh of the bull, its hide, and its dung shall be put to the fire outside the camp; it is a sin offering. Next take the one ram, and let Aaron and his sons lay their hands upon the ram's head. Slaughter the ram, and take its blood and dash it against all sides of the altar. Cut up the ram into sections, wash its entrails and legs, and put them with its quarters and its head. Turn all of the ram into smoke upon the altar. It is a burnt offering to the Lord, a pleasing odor, an offering by fire to the Lord.
- Exodus 29:1-29:18

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-01-2013, 07:13 PM
If a man considers that he is born, he cannot avoid the fear of death. Let him find out if he has been born or if the Self has any birth. He will discover that the Self always exists, that the body that is born resolves itself into thought and that the emergence of thought is the root of all mischief. Find from where thoughts emerge. Then you will be able to abide in the ever-present inmost Self and be free from the idea of birth or the fear of death.
- Ramana Maharshi

__._,_.___

aspundir
Materialistic knowledge can only provide a type of happiness that is dependent upon physical conditions. It cannot provide happiness that springs from inner development.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

__._,_.___

aspundir
The best of the people are the first to greet others.
- Hadith The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Umamah

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car.
- Laurence J. Peter

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Remember the virtues you lack and the faults you have; forget the good you did and the wrong you received.
- Orhot Tzaddikim, 15C

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Who is that Self? The Self, pure awareness, shines as the light within the heart, surrounded by the senses. Only seeming to think, seeming to move, the Self neither sleeps nor wakes nor dreams. When the Self takes on a body, he seems to Assume the body's frailties and limitations; But when he sheds the body at the time of Death, the Self leaves all these behind.
- Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

__._,_.___

aspundir
What does the spring wind have in mind, Coming day and night to these groves and gardens? It never asks who owns the peach and damson trees But blows away their crimson without a word.
- Ch'i-chi, "Clouds Should Know Me By Now"

__._,_.___

aspundir
In order to worship God, you must know God. In order to know God, you must recognize his unity. In order to recognize his unity, you must deny any possibility of describing how God is present, where he is present, and when he is present.
- Junayd, Tawhid

__._,_.___

aspundir
It is easy to criticize and find fault with the conduct of kings, and write furious articles against them in newspapers, or make violent speeches about them on platforms. Any fool can rip and rend a costly garment, but not every man can cut out and make one. To expect perfection in kings, prime ministers, or rulers of any king, is senseless and unreasonable. We would exhibit more wisdom if we prayed for them more, and criticized less.
- J.C. Ryle

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Organize yourselves into classes for the study of Torah, since it can best be acquired in association with others.
- Talmud: Berkot 63b

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-01-2013, 10:44 PM
I am the Lord and the Cosmic Soul; I am myself the Cosmic Body. I am Brahma, Vishnu, and Rudra, as well as Gauri, Brahmi, and Vaishnavi. I am the sun and the stars and I am the Lord of the stars. I am the various species of beasts and birds; I am also the outcaste and thief. I am the evil doer and the wicked deed; I am the righteous person and the virtuous deed.
- Devi Gita

__._,_.___

aspundir
Like a fine stallion Struck with a whip, Be ardent & chastened. Through conviction Virtue, persistence, Concentration, judgment, Consummate in knowledge & conduct, Mindful, You'll abandon this not-insignificant pain.
- Dhammapada, 10, translation by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

__._,_.___

aspundir
Consider the way for ordinary people. They should believe in the unity of God. They should expel from their minds all ideas of other gods, or other beings which are similar to God; they should know that God has no equals. Yet equally they should realize there are spiritual forces which are opposed to God. They should trust God, and fear all that are opposed to him.
- Junayd, Tawhid

__._,_.___

aspundir
To endure the cross is not tragedy; it is the suffering which is the fruit of an exclusive allegiance to Jesus Christ
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Man enters and departs this life crying and weeping. He comes and he leaves in love and ignorance.
- Ecclesiastes Rabbah

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-01-2013, 10:04 PM
The Lord does not partake in the good and evil deeds of any person; judgment is clouded when wisdom is obscured by ignorance. But ignorance is destroyed by knowledge of the Self within. The light of this knowledge shines like the sun, revealing the supreme Brahman. Those who cast off sin through this knowledge, absorbed in the Lord and established in him as their one goal and refuge, are not reborn as separate creatures.
- Bhagavad Gita 5:15-17

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Live the Dhamma well. Don't live it badly. One who lives the Dhamma sleeps with ease in this world & the next.
- Dhammapada 13, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

__._,_.___

aspundir
Renewing peace between two aggrieved parties surpasses ritual praying, fasting, and almsgiving.
- Hadith The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Darda'a

__._,_.___

aspundir
The world forgets you, its creator, and falls in love with what you have created instead of you.
- Augustine of Hippo

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Patience gives peace, haste regret.
- Ibn Gabirol, Mibhar HaPeninim

__._,_.___

aspundir
13-01-2013, 07:00 PM
As the intense fire of the furnace refines gold to brilliancy, so does The burning suffering of austerity purify the soul to resplendence.
- Tirukkural 27:267

__._,_.___

aspundir
13-01-2013, 07:02 PM
If any recluses or followers do not understand objectively that the enjoyment of sense pleasures is enjoyment, that the unsatisfactoriness of their passing is unsatisfactoriness, and that liberation from their tyranny is liberation--then it's not possible that they will properly understand what the desire for sense pleasures is or that they will be able to bring anyone else to understand it. But if they do understand objectively the arising and ceasing of sense pleasures, their frequent unsatisfactoriness, and the way to freedom from attachment to them, they will be able to instruct other people to that end.
- Majjhima Nikaya

__._,_.___

aspundir
Sovereigns and slaves, oppressors and mediators, hypocrites and the truthful, this world is passing, but the hereafter infinite. Strive therefore for the Lord alone. Attain to piety and purify your hearts. Save yourselves; do not be held back from divine mercy. The path of adoration may render the body weak and fill the heart with sorrow, but all sorrow departs the instant He touches the heart, awakening it to an abounding freedom.
- Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani

__._,_.___

aspundir
Ruthless trust ultimately comes down to this: faith in the person of Jesus and hope in his promise.
- Brennan Manning, Ruthless Trust

__._,_.___

aspundir
13-01-2013, 07:03 PM
First a person should put his house together, then his town, then the world.
- Rabbi Israel Salanter

__._,_.___

aspundir
20-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Of all duties, benevolence is unequaled in this world, And even in celestial realms. He who understands his duty to society truly lives. All others shall be counted among the dead.
- Tirukkural 22: 213-214

__._,_.___

aspundir
20-01-2013, 08:12 PM
A mind unshaken when touched by the worldly states, sorrowless, stainless, and secure, this is the blessing supreme. Those who have fulfilled all these are everywhere invincible; they find well-being everywhere, theirs is the blessing supreme.
- (adapted from) Mangala Sutta

__._,_.___

aspundir
20-01-2013, 08:13 PM
To exalt oneself is to claim partnership with God. Unless you have died and become living through Him, you are an enemy seeking to hold the power. But when you have come to live through God, that which you have become is in truth He: it is no longer copartnership, but absolute Unity.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
20-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Christianity without discipleship is always Christianity without Christ.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

__._,_.___

aspundir
20-01-2013, 08:14 PM
A baby enters the world with hands clenched, as if to say, "The world is mine; I shall grab it." A man leaves with hands open, as if to say, "I can take nothing with me."
- Ecclesiastes Rabbah 5:14

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Humility and pleasant words are the jewels That adorn a man; there are none other. If a man seeks good works while speaking sweet words, His virtues will wax and his vices wane.
- Tirukkural 10:95-96

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-01-2013, 10:02 PM
You have always been one with the Buddha, so do not pretend you can ATTAIN to this oneness by various practices.
- Huang Po, Zen Teaching of Huang Po

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Melancholy may enter your soul, and ambush your happiness; but it will prepare you for true joy. Melancholy drives out all other emotions and feelings, so the source of all goodness may occupy the whole house. It shakes the yellow leaves from the tree, allowing fresh leaves to grow. It pulls up old bodily pleasures by the roots, allowing divine spiritual pleasures to be planted. Melancholy takes many things from the soul, in order to bring better things in return.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Life is a lighthouse guiding those who are lost, true hope shines on, and even in blackest darkness cannot overcome the power of its light.
- Kim Miller

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Man never acts in a manner more resembling God than when he bestows benefits.
- Philo, Special Laws

__._,_.___

aspundir
22-01-2013, 06:27 PM
With the word OM we say, "I agree," and fulfill desires. With OM we recite, we give direction, we sing aloud the honor of that Word, the key to the three kinds of knowledge.
- Chandogya Upanishad

__._,_.___

aspundir
22-01-2013, 06:28 PM
They go to many a refuge, To mountains, forests, Parks, trees, & shrines: People threatened with danger. That's not the secure refuge, Not the supreme refuge, That's not the refuge, Having gone to which You gain release From all suffering & stress.
- Dhammapada, 14, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

__._,_.___

aspundir
Knowledge has two wings. Conjecture is one wing. Conjecture alone is lacking and cuts short the flight. The one-winged bird continues to struggle, hoping to reach the nest somehow with one wing. And then wisdom shows his shining face. Delivered from conjecture, the bird now spreads both wings (and soars once again).
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
[I]t's never too late. You can't screw up so badly that God cant find something worth building in the wreckage, that life cant assert its return when it is time.
- Barbara Crafton

__._,_.___

aspundir
22-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Words are the shell, meditation the kernel. Words are the body of the prayer, and meditation its spirit.
- Bahya, Hobot HaLebabot, 1040

__._,_.___

aspundir
23-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Speaking to an audience of understanding men Is like watering a bed of growing plants. Those who speak good things to good and learned gatherings Should never say them to ignorant groups, even forgetfully. Speaking before men of alien mind Is like pouring sweet nectar down a drain.
- Tirukkural 72:718-720

__._,_.___

aspundir
23-01-2013, 05:48 PM
It is hard to be born as a human being and hard to live the life of one. It is even harder to hear of the path and harder still to awake, to rise, and to follow. Yet the teaching is simple: "Cease to do evil, learn to do good. And purify your mind."
- Dhammapada

__._,_.___

aspundir
One springtime Rabia entered a house, and did not come out. A follower said to her: Come outside, and see the beauties of the creation. Rabia said: Come inside, and see the creator. If you see the creator, you become too preoccupied to look at the creation.
- Attar, "Rabi'a"

__._,_.___

aspundir
[T]he soul renounced shall abide in the boundlessness of God's life. This is liberty, this is prosperity. The more we lose, the more we gain.
- Watchman Nee

__._,_.___

aspundir
23-01-2013, 05:49 PM
What is yours is not yours, then how can you regard what is not yours as yours?
- Talmud: Derek Eretz

__._,_.___

aspundir
24-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Through lack of understanding, people believe that I, the Unmanifest, have entered into some form. They fail to realize my true nature, which transcends birth and death. Few see through the veil of maya. The world, deluded, does not know that I am without birth and changeless. I know everything about the past, the present, and the future, Arjuna; but there is no one who knows me completely.
- Bhagavad Gita 7:24-26

__._,_.___

aspundir
24-01-2013, 08:59 PM
The problem isn't materialism as such. Rather it is the underlying assumption that full satisfaction can arise from gratifying the senses alone. Unlike animals whose quest for happiness is restricted to survival and to the immediate gratification of sensory desires, we human beings have the capacity to experience happiness at a deeper level which, when achieved, can overwhelm unhappy experiences.

__._,_.___

aspundir
24-01-2013, 09:00 PM
There are two kinds of speeches and two kinds of silences. Speech is either truth or a falsification, and silence is either fruition or heedlessness. If one speaks the truth, his words are better than his silence, but he who invents falsifications, his silence is better than his speech.
- Al-Hujwiri, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"

__._,_.___

aspundir
24-01-2013, 09:00 PM
If you do not hope, you will not find out what is beyond your hopes.
- Clement of Alexandria

__._,_.___

aspundir
24-01-2013, 09:01 PM
The pure righteous people, do not complain against wickedness but add righteousness. They do not complain against disbelief but add faith. They do not complain against ignorance but add wisdom.
- Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook

__._,_.___

aspundir
25-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Good people come to worship me for different reasons. Some come to the spiritual life because of suffering, some in order to understand life; some come through a desire to achieve life's purpose, and some come who are men and women of wisdom. Unwavering in devotion, always united with me, the man or woman of wisdom surpasses all the others. To them I am the dearest beloved, and they are very dear to me. All those who follow the spiritual path are blessed. But the wise who are always established in union, for whom there is no higher goal than me, may be regarded as my very Self.
- Bhagavad Gita 7:16-18

__._,_.___

aspundir
25-01-2013, 02:19 PM
The mind is something more radiant than anything else can be, but because counterfeits--passing defilements--come and obscure it, it loses its radiance, like the sun when obscured by clouds. Don't go thinking that the sun goes after the clouds. Instead, the clouds come drifting along and obscure the sun.
- Ajaan Mun, "Heart Released"

__._,_.___

aspundir
25-01-2013, 02:19 PM
All Muslims, pious or not, are bidden to listen to the recitation of the Qur'an. As God says, "When the Qur'an is recited, listen to it and be silent so that you might attain mercy."

__._,_.___

aspundir
25-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Remember your ultimate purpose, and when you set yourself to your days work or approaching any activity in the world, let HOLINESS TO THE LORD the written upon your hearts in all that you do.
- Richard Baxter

__._,_.___

aspundir
25-01-2013, 02:20 PM
A man without comrades is like the left without the right.
- Solomon Ibn Gabirol, "Mibhar HaPeninim"

__._,_.___

rajnish manga
25-01-2013, 03:24 PM
A man without comrades is like the left without the right.

- Solomon Ibn Gabirol, "Mibhar HaPeninim"

__._,_.___

:bravo:

पुंडीर जी, उक्त विचार श्रंखला में भिन्न भिन्न धर्मावलम्बियों और धर्म ग्रंथों के सुभाषित वचन फोरम के मित्रों के बीच शेअर करने के लिए धन्यवाद. यहाँ इस विचार को बल मिलता है कि सभी धर्म वस्तुतः मानव मात्र के कल्याण ही की बात करते हैं.

aspundir
26-01-2013, 11:16 PM
What is the cause of the cosmos? Is it Brahman? From where do we come? By what live? Where shall we find peace at last? What power governs the duality Of pleasure and pain by which we are driven? Time, nature, necessity, accident, Elements, energy, intelligence-- None of these can be the First Cause. They are effects, whose only purpose is To help the self rise above pleasure and pain.
- Shvetashvatara Upanishad

__._,_.___

aspundir
Let us not talk of karma, but simply of responsibility toward the whole world.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama, "Imagine All the People"

__._,_.___

aspundir
He does not refuse sustenance to the one who speaks ill of Him. How then could He refuse sustenance to the one whose soul is overflowing with love for Him?
- Rabi'a, "Rabi'a the Mystic"

__._,_.___

aspundir
26-01-2013, 11:17 PM
It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes.
- Thomas Aquinas

__._,_.___

aspundir
26-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Keep in mind that the essence of your prayers is the faith you have in them that they will be answered.
- Rabbi Nachman of Breslov

__._,_.___

aspundir
26-01-2013, 11:21 PM
:bravo:

पुंडीर जी, उक्त विचार श्रंखला में भिन्न भिन्न धर्मावलम्बियों और धर्म ग्रंथों के सुभाषित वचन फोरम के मित्रों के बीच शेअर करने के लिए धन्यवाद. यहाँ इस विचार को बल मिलता है कि सभी धर्म वस्तुतः मानव मात्र के कल्याण ही की बात करते हैं.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3v94rg1zAJs/UQIwrRrY0hI/AAAAAAAAfo8/jlHuCqutJqI/s1600/lovey111.gif

Awara
30-01-2013, 07:36 AM
धार्मिक विचारों को एक सूत्र में पिरो कर पुंडीर जी आपने बहुत ही अच्छा काम किया है। :hello::hello::hello:

aspundir
30-01-2013, 05:02 PM
It is a fool who blames the sun for his own blindness.The scriptures even proclaim aloud: There is in truth no creation and no destruction; no one is bound, no one is seeking Liberation, no one is on the way to Deliverance. There are none Liberated. This is the absolute truth. My dear disciple, this, the sum and substance of all the Upanishads, the secret of secrets, is my instruction to you.
- Shankaracharya

__._,_.___

aspundir
30-01-2013, 05:03 PM
The mind is like the wick of a lamp illumined only through its own radiance.
- Milarepa, "Drinking the Mountain Stream"

__._,_.___

aspundir
Knowledge has two wings. Conjecture is one wing. Conjecture alone is lacking and cuts short the flight. The one-winged bird continues to struggle, hoping to reach the nest somehow with one wing. And then wisdom shows his shining face. Delivered from conjecture, the bird now spreads both wings (and soars once again).
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
Forgiveness creates an obligation for which there are no exceptions allowed.
- Giovanni Papini, "The Life of Christ"

__._,_.___

aspundir
30-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Every glory and wonder, every deep mystery and all beautiful wisdom are hidden in the Torah, sealed up in her treasures.
- Nahmanides, Commentary on Pentateuch

__._,_.___

aspundir
30-01-2013, 05:05 PM
धार्मिक विचारों को एक सूत्र में पिरो कर पुंडीर जी आपने बहुत ही अच्छा काम किया है। :hello::hello::hello:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3v94rg1zAJs/UQIwrRrY0hI/AAAAAAAAfo8/jlHuCqutJqI/s1600/lovey111.gif

aspundir
03-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Should the heavens dry up, worship here of the heavenly ones In festivals and daily rites would wither. Unless the heavens grant their gifts, neither the giver's generosity Nor the ascetic's aloofness will grace this wide world. No life on earth can exist without water, And the ceaseless flow of that water cannot exist without rain.
- Tirukkural 2:18-20

__._,_.___

aspundir
03-02-2013, 11:56 AM
The Buddha said: "When a person has thoroughly understood the world, from top to bottom, when there is nothing in the world that agitates him anymore, then he has become somebody who is free from confusion and fears and tremblings and the longings of desire. He has gone beyond getting old and beyond birth and death."
- Sutta Nipata

__._,_.___

aspundir
03-02-2013, 11:56 AM
In the sight of Love, fear isn't even as great as a single hair: in the law of Love, everything is offered as a sacrifice.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
03-02-2013, 11:57 AM
You don't have to be alone in your hurt! Comfort is yours. Joy is an option. And it's all been made possible by your Savior.
- Joni Eareckson Tada

__._,_.___

aspundir
03-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Shammai said: Receive all people cheerfully.
- Ethics of the Fathers 1:15

__._,_.___

aspundir
04-02-2013, 06:50 PM
The awakened sages call a person wise when all his undertakings are free from anxiety about results; all his selfish desires have been consumed in the fire of knowledge. The wise, ever satisfied, have abandoned external supports.
- Bhagavad Gita

__._,_.___

aspundir
04-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Dangerous consequences will follow when politicians and rulers forget moral principles. Whether we believe in God or karma, ethics is the foundation of every religion.

__._,_.___

aspundir
You are the sole companion of my heart, though my body is available for those who wish its company. This body is hospitable to its guests; the love of my heart is the guest of my soul.
- Rabi'a, "Rabi'a the Mystic"

__._,_.___

aspundir
But new wine must be put into fresh wineskins. And no one after drinking old wine desires new; for he says, 'The old is good.'
- Luke 5:38-39 (Revised Standard Version)

__._,_.___

aspundir
04-02-2013, 07:03 PM
God does not predetermine whether a man shall be righteous or wicked; that He leaves to man himself.
- Tanhuma, Pikkude

__._,_.___

aspundir
05-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Have faith, my Child, have faith. Do not be bewildered. For you are beyond all things, The heart of all knowing. You are the Self. You are God.
- Ashtavakra Gita 15:8

__._,_.___

aspundir
Cut down The forest of desire, Not the forest of trees. From the forest of desire Come danger & fear. Having cut down this forest & its underbrush, monks, be deforested.
- Dhammapada, 20, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

__._,_.___

aspundir
Being observant of God is an act of devotion towards God. Sleep is an act of God drawing us near. That which is conferred upon us by God without our choice is positively superior to that which we send to Him. Sleep therefore is a wonderful gift of God bestowed upon His creatures.
- Junyayd, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"

__._,_.___

aspundir
05-02-2013, 10:41 PM
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
- Jim Elliot

__._,_.___

aspundir
05-02-2013, 10:41 PM
While praying, listen to the words very carefully. When your heart is attentive, your entire being enters your prayer without your having to force it.
- Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

__._,_.___

aspundir
06-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Dread hatred from within and defend yourself against it. In calamitous times it will cut deeper than a potter's knife.
- Tirukkural 89: 883

__._,_.___

aspundir
06-02-2013, 09:10 PM
When people speak badly of you, you should respond in this way: Keep a steady heart and don't reply with harsh words. Practice letting go of resentment and accepting that the other's hostility is the spur to your understanding. Be kind, adopt a generous standpoint, treat your enemy as a friend, and suffuse all your world with affectionate thoughts, far-reaching and widespread, limitless and free from hate. In this state you should try to remain.
- Dhammapada

__._,_.___

aspundir
06-02-2013, 09:11 PM
When Gods decree becomes your pleasure, you become a willing slave, not because of burdening yourself, not on account of recompense, but by virtue of the nature now so pure that wherever divine edict may take you, living and dying will appear the same. You live for God, not for riches; you die for God, not from fear or pain.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
06-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works.
- Martin Luther

__._,_.___

aspundir
06-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Teach your tongue to say, "I do not know," lest you be led to lie.
- Babylonian Talmud, "Berakhot 4a"

__._,_.___

aspundir
06-02-2013, 11:35 PM
But truly great souls seek my divine nature. They worship me with a one-pointed mind, having realized that I am the eternal source of all. Constantly striving, they make firm their resolve and worship me without wavering. Full of devotion, they sing my divine glory.
- Bhagavad Gita 9:13-14

__._,_.___

aspundir
Regard him as one who points out treasure, the wise one who seeing your faults rebukes you. Stay with this sort of sage. For the one who stays with a sage of this sort, things get better, not worse.
- Dhammapada, 6, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

__._,_.___

aspundir
Renunciation of the world does not constitute wearing coarse clothes and eating stale bread. Real renunciation lies in curbing desires.
- Hadith reported by Sufyan Thawri

__._,_.___

aspundir
06-02-2013, 11:36 PM
It is necessary for us to suffer patiently the dark night of sorrow and death, if we are to enter the brilliant new light of Easter...
- Unknown?

__._,_.___

aspundir
06-02-2013, 11:36 PM
The Divine Presence is everywhere.
- Hoshaia Rabba. Talmud: Baba Bathra

__._,_.___

bindujain
07-02-2013, 05:24 AM
http://rishikajain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Life.jpg

aspundir
07-02-2013, 11:14 PM
He who has realized by himself his souls' Self Will be worshiped by all other souls. So potent is the power acquired through austerity That those who attain it may even stay the moment of death.
- Tirukkural 27: 268-269

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-02-2013, 11:14 PM
As long as there is a lack of the inner discipline that brings calmness of mind, no matter what external facilities or conditions you have, they will never give you the feeling of joy and happiness that you are seeking. On the other hand, if you possess this inner quality of calmness of mind, a degree of stability within, then even if you lack various external facilities that you would normally consider necessary for happiness, it is still possible to live a happy and joyful life.

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Although this reed pen is in fact sensible, of a different substance than the writer, yet it is an intimate friend. Likewise, every tool of a craftsman, though lifeless, is the familiar friend of the Human spirit.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
The honest poor can sometimes forget poverty. The honest rich can never forget it.
- G.K. Chesterton

__._,_.___

aspundir
Let a man always strive to be one of the persecuted rather than one of the persecutors.
- Babylonian Talmud, Baba Kamma 93a

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-02-2013, 11:11 PM
The height of the intellect is distinguishing between the real and the impossible, and submission to what is beyond one's power.
- Ibn Gabirol, "Mibhar Hal'eninim"

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-02-2013, 11:12 PM
May the Lord of Love, who projects himself Into this universe of myriad forms, From whom all beings come and to whom all Return, grant us the grace of wisdom. He is fire and the sun, and the moon And the stars. He is the air and the sea, And the Creator, Prajapati. He is this boy, he is that girl, he is This man, he is that woman, and he is This old man, too, tottering on his staff. His face is everywhere.

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-02-2013, 11:13 PM
There are thousands upon thousands of students who have practiced meditation and obtained its fruits. Do not doubt its possibilities because of the simplicity of the method. If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?
- The Practice of Meditation, Zen Master Dogen

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-02-2013, 11:13 PM
The Almighty Allah says, "When a servant thinks of Me, I am near. When he invokes Me, I am with him. If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret, And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly, I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-02-2013, 11:14 PM
One dream role is Jesus. The other dream role is just the opposite, somebody very dark who is searching for the light within themselves. Because it's always about finding that light. And the light is goodness.
- Blair Underwood

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Who is rich? One who is happy with what he has.
- Ethics of the Fathers 4:1

__._,_.___

aspundir
09-02-2013, 11:56 PM
A learned man's learning shines the brightest among luminaries capable of critiquing his language. Speaking to an audience of thinking men is like watering a bed of growing plants.
- Tirukkural 72: 717-718

__._,_.___

aspundir
09-02-2013, 11:56 PM
I am the Word of God living through His Essence. I am the Food of the soul, the Spirit of purity. I am the Fountain of the Water of Life. I deliver the lovers of God from death. If your greed had not raised such a stench, God would have poured a remedy of water on your graves. I accept the warning of the Sage; I will not allow my heart to be sickened by ridicule.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
09-02-2013, 11:57 PM
I know that the more I humble myself to others, the broader my understanding of God has actually become.
- Francis Frangipane

__._,_.___

aspundir
09-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Martyrdom has always been a proof of the intensity, never of the correctness, of a belief.
- Arthur Schnitzler, "Buch der Spruche und Bedenken"

__._,_.___

bindujain
10-02-2013, 05:12 AM
यदि प्राणी के दृष्टि तिमिरनाशक हो तो दीपक से कोई प्रयोजन नहीं है, इसी प्रकार जहां आत्मा स्वयं सुखरूप परिणमन करता है, वहां विषय क्या कर सकते हैं

bindujain
10-02-2013, 05:13 AM
मोक्षमार्ग के सेवक को संस्थाओं के झंझंट में कभी नहीं पङना चाहिये, क्योंकि लोग जुदे जुदे ख्याल के होते हैं, अपने अभिप्राय के अनुकूल कार्य का होना अत्यन्त कठिन है।

यदि शान्ति चाहते हो तब किसी कार्य में मुखिया मत बनो, कोई कार्य उचित जचता हो तो उसे बतलाकर अरत बने रहो, इसमें कुछ कपट भी नहीं क्योंकि तुमने शान्ति के लिये नैष्ठिक श्रावक का व्रत लिया है।

from Atma Sambodhan by Sahajanand Varni Ji

bindujain
10-02-2013, 05:14 AM
http://www.jinvaani.org/uploads/4/3/9/2/4392324/910872.jpg?458
Munishri KshamaSagar Ji

aspundir
10-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice (of religious ritual). Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results (of one's actions), because there follows immediate peace.
- Bhagavad Gita 12:12

__._,_.___

aspundir
10-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Everywhere, truly, those of integrity stand apart. They, the good, don't chatter in hopes of favor or gains. When touched now by pleasure, now pain, the wise give no sign of high or low.
- Dhammapada, 6, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

__._,_.___

aspundir
10-02-2013, 09:19 PM
If you have no eyes, do not walk blindly; take a staff in your hand. If you have no staff of insight, do not walk without a guide.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
10-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that is has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark.
- C.S. Lewis

__._,_.___

aspundir
10-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Three sins none can escape on any day: sinful thoughts, the presumption that God must answer our prayers, and dust of slander.
- Babylonian Talmud, Baba Bathra

__._,_.___

aspundir
11-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Behold the man who shields his family from all suffering. Has not his body become a willing vessel for affliction. Without good men to hold it up, The family house will fall when misfortune descends.
- Tirukkural 103: 1029-1030

__._,_.___

aspundir
11-02-2013, 05:01 PM
To disregard oneself, this is the best dharma. This is the best service to Buddha's religion. Practicing meditation for life is the best gift. To those sentient beings without protection.
- "Hundred Thousand Songs: Selections From Milarepa, Poet-Saint of Tibet"

__._,_.___

aspundir
There is no dervish in the world; and if there be a dervish, that dervish is really non-existent. In essence he exists, but his attributes are non-existent within God's.
- Rumi
- Mathnawi [III, 3669-3670]

__._,_.___

aspundir
Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.
- Unknown?

__._,_.___

aspundir
11-02-2013, 05:02 PM
The ideal of man is to be a revelation himself, clearly to recognize himself as a manifestation of God.
- Baal Shem Tov

__._,_.___

aspundir
12-02-2013, 09:13 PM
If you desire the world, You may try to renounce it In order to escape sorrow. Instead, renounce desire! Then you will be free of sorrow, And the world will not trouble you.
- Ashtavakra Gita 16:9

__._,_.___

aspundir
12-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Abandoning false speech, he abstains from false speech; he speaks truth, adheres to truth, is trustworthy and reliable, one who is no deceiver of the world.
- Majjhima Nikaya

__._,_.___

aspundir
12-02-2013, 09:14 PM
When we are ignorant we live in His prison; when we become prudent we live in His palace; when we fall asleep we become intoxicated; when we are awakened we are in His hands.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
12-02-2013, 09:14 PM
One dream role is Jesus. The other dream role is just the opposite, somebody very dark who is searching for the light within themselves. Because it's always about finding that light. And the light is goodness.
- Blair Underwood

aspundir
12-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Neglect not to visit and treat the poor; there is no nobler work.
- Israeli, Manhig HaRofim

__._,_.___

aspundir
15-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Those who act without thought of personal Profit and lead a well-disciplined life Discover in course of time the divine principle That all forms of life are one. Those who work in the service of the Lord Are freed from the law of karma.

__._,_.___

aspundir
15-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Attentiveness is the path to true life; Indifference is the path to death. The attentive do not die; The indifferent are as if they are dead already.
- Dhammapa

__._,_.___

aspundir
Since reason is our most precious gift from God, we should do nothing to reduce its status or degrade it. Since reason should govern our conduct, we should allow nothing to govern it. Since reason is the sovereign over all human facilities, it should not be made subject to any other faculty.
- Razi, "Kitab al-Muluki"

__._,_.___

aspundir
Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is a whole clich, but your attitude is going to determine how youre going to live your life.
- Joel Osteen

__._,_.___

aspundir
15-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Woe to him who is alone and falls with no companion to raise him.
- Ecclesiastes 4:10

__._,_.___

aspundir
17-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Live in the world like an ant. The world contains a mixture of truth and untruth, sugar and sand. Be an ant and take the sugar.
- Ramakrishna

__._,_.___

aspundir
17-02-2013, 06:37 PM
If you would like to be with me and to find comfort that way, the first thing for you to learn is the right behavior. Go back to your home and learn to do as your parents want, continue to recite your prayers, and work hard in your daily life. At the same time, clean yourself up, put on proper clothes, and don't neglect yourself again. When you've learned this, come back to me and you may be allowed to become one of my followers.
- Dhammapada

__._,_.___

aspundir
17-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Since reason is our most precious gift from God, we should do nothing to reduce its status or degrade it. Since reason should govern our conduct, we should allow nothing to govern it. Since reason is the sovereign over all human facilities, it should not be made subject to any other faculty.

__._,_.___

aspundir
17-02-2013, 06:38 PM
You don't have to be alone in your hurt! Comfort is yours. Joy is an option. And it's all been made possible by your Savior.
- Joni Eareckson Tada

__._,_.___

aspundir
17-02-2013, 06:39 PM
If you must, sin privately, but profane not the Name publicly.
- Hanina b. Hama, Talmud: Kiddushin

__._,_.___

aspundir
17-02-2013, 06:40 PM
We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in the future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act.
- Swami Vivekananda

__._,_.___

aspundir
When a person has lived properly and acted generously, he grasps the way things are. He is not dependent on attachments; he is free from anger and aversions; what he does becomes perfect action. The pureness of perfectly balanced action based on seeing the way things are--this is freedom and the ending of ignorance.
- Sutta Nipata

__._,_.___

aspundir
In separation from God you have become arrogant; pay heed before His scourge strikes you down. Do not exult because of your good fortune. Over and again God admonishes you with the examples of the transgressors before you. If you really want to enjoy the limitless bounty of Allah, surrender yourselves before His will and endure all afflictions with fortitude.
- Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani, "Fayuz E Yazdani"

__._,_.___

aspundir
17-02-2013, 06:41 PM
I am the bread of life; he who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst.
- John 6:35

__._,_.___

aspundir
17-02-2013, 06:41 PM
We can never rely on inspiration. When we most want it, it does not come.
- George Gershwin

__._,_.___

aspundir
19-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Self-control will place a man among the Gods, While lack of it will lead him into deepest darkness.
- Tirukkural 13:121

__._,_.___

aspundir
19-02-2013, 09:04 PM
You really have to know your own fundamental mind before you can stop and rest. If you know your mind and arrive at the fundamental, that is like space merging with space.
- Ta-tu

__._,_.___

aspundir
19-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Behold the containers before the pharmacist. Kind assorted beside kind. The containers shattered; all the souls scattered. Good and evil intermingled. Then God sent Apostles with His revelations to arrange the grains inside the containers.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
19-02-2013, 09:05 PM
It's in the difficult times that we're growing and you can't just rebuke everything hard. Weve got to endure it and fight the good fight of faith and pass the test.
- Joel Osteen

__._,_.___

aspundir
19-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Let a man always strive to be one of the persecuted rather than one of the persecutors.
- Babylonian Talmud, Baba Kamma 93a

__._,_.___

aspundir
19-02-2013, 09:06 PM
To commit no wrong, even against one's enemies, Is said to be supreme wisdom. Only the forgetful plot another's ruin; others remember That virtue itself devises a plotter's downfall.
- Tirukkural 21: 203-204

__._,_.___

aspundir
19-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Worldly afflictions are as extensive as an ocean, noisy and clamorous; but they all arise from the thoughts in your own mind. When not a single thought is conceived, you are liberated from them all.
- Ta-t

__._,_.___

aspundir
I am the Word of God living through His Essence. I am the Food of the soul, the Spirit of purity. I am the Fountain of the Water of Life. I deliver the lovers of God from death. If your greed had not raised such a stench, God would have poured a remedy of water on your graves. I accept the warning of the Sage; I will not allow my heart to be sickened by ridicule.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
God is love. He didnt need us. But he wanted us. And that is the most amazing thing.
- Rick Warren

__._,_.___

aspundir
19-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Gossip kills three: the speaker, the spoken of, and the listener.
- Rabbi Samuel b. Nahman, Numbers Rabbah

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Approach someone who has realized the purpose of life and question him with reverence and devotion; he will instruct you in this wisdom. Once you attain it, you will never again be deluded. You will see all creatures in the Self, and all in me.
- Bhagavad Gita 4:34-35

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Do not choose bad friends. Do not choose persons of low habits. Select good friends. Be discriminating. Choose the best.
- Dhammapada 78

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 06:58 PM

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Beauty is the gift of God.
- Aristotle

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 06:59 PM
If you must, sin privately, but profane not the Name publicly.
- Hanina b. Hama, Talmud: Kiddushin

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Longing is like the rosy dawn. After the dawn out comes the sun. Longing is followed by the vision of God.
- Ramakrishna

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 07:06 PM
It is not proper to watch other people. This will not help your practice. If you are annoyed, watch the annoyance in your own mind. If others' discipline is bad or they are not good monks, this is not for you to judge. You will not discover widsom watching others. Monks' discipline is a tool to use for your own meditation. It is not a weapon to use to criticize or find fault. No one can do your practice for you, nor can you do practice for anyone else. Just be mindful of your own doings. This is the way to practice.
- Ajahn Chah, "Bodhinyana"

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 07:07 PM
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 07:08 PM
We ought to give thanks for all fortune: if it is good, because it is good, if bad, because is works in us patience, humility and the contempt of this world and the hope of our eternal country.
- C.S. Lewis

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 07:08 PM
He who has nothing --in front, behind, in between-- the one with nothing who clings to no thing: he's what I call a brahmin.
- Dhammapada 421-2, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Self-important, obstinate, swept away by the pride of wealth, they ostentatiously perform sacrifices without any regard for their purpose. Egotistical, violent, arrogant, lustful, angry, envious of everyone, they abuse my presence within their own bodies and in the bodies of others.
- Bhagavad Gita 16:1318

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Living in forests far away from other people is not true seclusion. True seclusion is to be free from the power of likes and dislikes. It is also to be free from the mental attitude that one must be special because one is treading the path. Those who remove themselves to far forests often feel superior to others. They think that because they are solitary they are being guided in a special way and that those who live an ordinary life can never have that experience. But that is conceit and is not help to others. The true recluse is one who is available to others, helping them with affectionate speech and personal example.
- Prajnaparamita

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Being observant of God is an act of devotion towards God. Sleep is an act of God drawing us near. That which is conferred upon us by God without our choice is positively superior to that which we send to Him. Sleep therefore is a wonderful gift of God bestowed upon His creatures.
- Junyayd, "The Kashf al-Mahjub"

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Let God's promises shine on your problems.
- Corrie ten Boom

__._,_.___

aspundir
21-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Pray as if everything depended on God; act as if everything depended on you.
- "Gates of Prayer," the Reform prayer book

__._,_.___

aspundir
22-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Only those who are pure and self-controlled can find ths world of Brahman. That world is theirs alone. In that world, in all worlds, they live in perfect freedom.
- Chandogya Upanishad

__._,_.___

aspundir
22-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Not by harming life Does one become noble. One is termed noble For being gentle To all living things.
- Dhammapada, 19, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

__._,_.___

aspundir

__._,_.___

aspundir
It's never too late to start doing what is right.
- Charles Swindoll

__._,_.___

aspundir
22-02-2013, 09:37 PM
If one is honest in his business dealings and people esteem him, it is accounted to him as though he had fulfilled the whole Torah.
- Mekhilta, Vayessa, Chapter 1

__._,_.___

Kailash3534
26-02-2013, 04:10 PM
http://www.kailashonline.in/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kailash-Vijayvargiya_Inspiration-Quote_Truth.jpg

By IT Minster of MP (http://www.kailashonline.in)

aspundir
02-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Evil deeds dreaded by the soul will not afflict The compassionate who foster and protect all life. This wide and wind-swept fertile earth is witness to the truth That misery is not for men who keep compassion.
- Tirukkural 25: 244-245

__._,_.___

aspundir
02-03-2013, 09:57 PM
When you are completely clear, there is no subjective distortion; when you are completely pure, there is true perception. But even if you are thus through and through, this is still now the transcendental key. When the wind and waves have died out, the ocean of mind is as is; when you get to the bottom of the ocean of mind, for the first time you see the black pearl.
- Tzu-te

__._,_.___

aspundir
02-03-2013, 09:58 PM
What I fear most for my people are the hypocrites, who talk wisely, yet act unjustly.
- Hadith The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Umar bin al-Khattab

__._,_.___

aspundir
By the time the average Christian gets his temperature up to normal, everybody thinks he has a fever!
- Watchman Nee

__._,_.___

aspundir
When a father gives to his son, both laugh. When a son gives to his father, both cry.
- Yiddish proverb

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Those who live in accordance with these divine laws without complaining, firmly established in faith, are released from karma. Those who violate these laws, criticizing and complaining, are utterly deluded, and are the cause of their own suffering.
- Bhagavad Gita 3:31-32

__._,_.___

aspundir
The good shine from afar Like the snowy Himalayas. The bad don't appear Even when near, Like arrows shot into the night.
- Dhammapada 21, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

__._,_.___

aspundir
I realized what was hidden within me and conversed with You in secret. Though we were united, we still were apart. Though awe hid You from my searching eyes, ecstasy brought You close to my innermost being.

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Remember, sinner, it is not your hold of Christ that saves you -- it is Christ.
- C.H. Spurgeon

__._,_.___

aspundir
07-03-2013, 09:44 PM
There is no reward for following the commandments in this world.
- Babylonian Talmud, Kiddushin 39b

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Due to having faith one relies on the practices, Due to having wisdom one truly knows. Of these two wisdom is the chief, Faith is the prerequisite.
- Nagarjuna, "Precious Garland 5"

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Blessed are they who, through an illumined Teacher, attain to Self-realization. The truth of the Self cannot come through one Who has not realized that he is the Self. The intellect cannot reveal the Self, Beyond its duality of the subject And object. They who see themselves in all And all in them help others through spiritual Osmosis to realize the Self themselves.
- Katha Upanishad

__._,_.___

aspundir
08-03-2013, 08:21 PM
In the hour of grief you turn to Him; when grief departs you transgress. In adversity you moan entreating Him; when ease returns you turn away. Those who know God remain steady, but those who doubt exult at times and become despondent at others.
- Rumi

__._,_.___

aspundir
With all things, it is always what comes to us from outside, freely and by surprise as a gift from heaven, without our having sought it, that brings us pure joy.
- Simone Weil

__._,_.___

aspundir
The world is new to us every morning--this is the Holy One's gift and every person should believe he is reborn each day.
- Baal Shem Tov

__._,_.___

aspundir
09-03-2013, 08:26 PM
This awakening you have known comes not Through logic and scholarship, but from Close association with a realized teacher. Wise are you, Nachiketa, because you seek The Self eternal. May we have more Seekers like you!
- Katha Upanishad

__._,_.___

aspundir
09-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Happiness cannot come from hatred or anger. Nobody can say, "Today I am happy because this morning I was very angry." On the contrary, people feel uneasy and sad and say, "Today I am not happy because I lost my temper this morning." Through kindness, whether at our own level or at the national and international level, through mutual understanding and through mutual respect, we will get peace, we will get happiness, and we will get genuine satisfaction.

__._,_.___

aspundir
09-03-2013, 08:27 PM
The Prophet once drew a line and said, "This is the path of faith." Then he drew several lines on either side and said, "On these lines you may encounter the devil. But this path of mine is the straight path. So follow it."
- Hadith Reported by Abd'Allah bin Mas'ud

__._,_.___

aspundir
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting system though which God speaks to us every hour; if we still only tune in.
- George Washington Carver

__._,_.___

aspundir
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.
- Psalm 118:8

__._,_.___

aspundir
10-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Never fear that old age will invade that city; never fear that this inner treasure of all reality will wither and decay. This knows no age when the body ages; this knows no dying when the body dies. This is the real city of Brahman; this is the Self, free from old age, from death and grief, hunger and thirst. In the Self all desires are fulfilled.
- Chandogya Upanishad

__._,_.___

aspundir
10-03-2013, 08:09 PM
If you don't understand the Way as it meets your eyes, how can you know the Path as you walk?
- Shih-t'ou

__._,_.___

aspundir
10-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Those admitted to Paradise shall experience true bliss. Never shall they know want, nor will they suffer old age.

__._,_.___

aspundir
10-03-2013, 08:10 PM
When someone is driven by love in any way, he or she is driven by Christ.
- Eberhard Arnold

__._,_.___