PDA

View Full Version : No IE9 for Windows XP :omg:

jitendragarg
18-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Microsoft's new browser, Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), will not run on Windows XP, now or when the software eventually ships, the company confirmed on Tuesday.

Although Microsoft excluded Windows XP from the list for the IE9 developer preview, it sidestepped the question about which versions of Windows the final browser would support. In an IE9 FAQ, for example, Microsoft responded, "It's too early to talk about features of the Internet Explorer 9 Beta" to the query, "Will Internet Explorer 9 run on Windows XP?"

That caused some users to demand a straight answer. "Please tell whether the final version will run on Windows XP SP3 or not," said someone identified as "eXPerience" in a comment to a blog post by Dean Hachamovich, Microsoft's general manager for the IE team. "If not, please be clear about it. Really, enough is enough of keeping users in the lurch about Windows XP support."

Others bashed Microsoft on the assumption that IE9 would never run on XP. "Dropping Windows XP support is one of the worst decisions ever taken by IE team, probably even worse than disbanding the IE team back in the IE6 days," claimed an anonymous commenter.

Microsoft had offered up broad hints that IE9 was not in Windows XP's future, however. Tuesday, a company spokeswoman said the new browser needs a "modern operating system," a phrase that hasn't been paired with Window XP for years. "Internet Explorer 9 requires the modern graphics and security underpinnings that have come since 2001," she added, clearly referring to XP, which appeared that year.

Windows XP's inability to run the Platform Preview or the final browser stems from, IE9's graphics hardware acceleration, which relies on the Direct2D and DirectWrite DirectX APIs (applications programming interfaces). Support for those APIs is built into Windows 7, and was added to Vista and Windows Server 2008 last October, but cannot be extended to Windows XP.

The IE9 Platform Preview can be downloaded from Microsoft's site. It requires Windows 7, Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 or Windows 2008 R2.

abhishek
19-03-2010, 06:54 AM
that is bad news for old windows xp users like me.. I have to switch to either vista or windows 7 for IE9..

that is why microsoft sucks...

use firefox, ubuntu, open office as they are alternatives to IE, Windows xp or vista or 7 and microsoft office respectively.. :gm::gm:

jitendragarg
19-03-2010, 03:04 PM
that is bad news for old windows xp users like me.. I have to switch to either vista or windows 7 for IE9..

that is why microsoft sucks...

use firefox, ubuntu, open office as they are alternatives to IE, Windows xp or vista or 7 and microsoft office respectively.. :gm::gm:

No company supports XP anymore. Dude, its time to finally start using something better. Kab tak XP chalayega.

Waise itna fande deta hai, to ubuntu use karke dekh ek baar. Seriously, ro dega starting me to. Pelum dimaag kharab hota hai yaar, ek ek cheez theek karne me. Windows 7 khareed le naya, ya mere se Developer edition le lo.

jeetzzzz
20-03-2010, 10:19 PM
XP should die. And not just XP, every product which is 5+year old should die.

jitendragarg
20-03-2010, 11:27 PM

Good thought. :good:

abhishek
20-03-2010, 11:57 PM

I don't think so, I am still using 6 years old computer, 9 years old OS and my 25 years old body.. :gm::gm::gm:

jitendragarg
20-03-2010, 11:59 PM
I don't think so, I am still using 6 years old computer, 9 years old OS and my 25 years old body..

:rolling: Waise ab time aa gaya hai, computer aur OS to badal lo.

abhishek
21-03-2010, 12:03 AM
:rolling: Waise ab time aa gaya hai, computer aur OS to badal lo.

I hate changes.. parivartan mujhe pasand hai..

munnabhai
26-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I hate changes.. parivartan mujhe pasand hai..

Ek week pehle hi phone badla hai, aur bol rahe ho, ki parivartan nahi chahiye. Phone kahe badle phir.

Aur haan, phone ke baare me hum log ko bhi bata do yaar.