View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:22 AM   #148
Dark Saint Alaick
Super Moderator

Dark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: नारी विमर्श

The third form is the feminist consciousness. This is the consciousness gained by reflecting upon women’s lives and their experiences. This is the consciousness of a woman with self-awareness, who achieves her own identity and discovers her own self. This involves the feeling of being a distinct individual, and in thus, being capable, autonomous and powerful.

It is not easy to fell me down,
For I am standing leaning on me. (Shabnam Shakeel)

Pakistani poetesses certainly do have a strong and passionate voice. The Western feminist movement had a great deal of impact on the Urdu poetesses. Some radical poetesses have become controversial as they have questioned the religion, and some have been criticized for using more graphic language that shocked many critics. All of them have raised their voices against many traditions of the culture that repress and oppress women. They all question the totems and taboos and they have a realization of their own self: