View Single Post
Old 16-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #28
abhisays
Administrator

abhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to abhisays
Default Re: Who is the greatest Indian after Gandhi?

Dev Anand

Dev Anand the original Peter Pan of Indian films is undoubtedly an evergreen legend. For more than six decades Dev Anand, fondly called Dev Saab, entertained audiences across the globe with his unique acting style & his charismatic persona.

He was the first suave, cool & chic romantic hero of Bollywood. His exuberant and youthful performances set him apart. With more than a 100 films to his credit as an actor, most of them as the leading man, Dev had a special way with his leading ladies, be it Suraiya, Geeta Bali, Madhubala, Waheeda Rehman, Hema Malini, or later the much younger Zeenat Aman.

Some of his best works included C.I.D, Guide, Jewel Thief, Hum Dono, Kala Paani, Kala Baazar, Paying Guest- the list is endless. In 1949, he launched his own banner of Navketan Films that produced the iconic Guide. He directed 19 films & produced 35 films under this banner. In 1972, Dev Anand directed Hare Rama Hare Krishna, which assumed a cult status. His movies had some of the most romantic songs to date.

Dev Anand’s inimitable style made him a fashion icon. A darling of the fans for all times to come, Dev Anand had the conviction to perform roles with shades of gray. In an interview in 2007 he said “I dabble with ideas. I have grown beyond acting, I am a motion picture maker. That is why I am alive.” This perhaps best sums up Dev Sahab, who passed away in December 2011 at the age of 88 while still working on the script of his next film.