View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
aspundir
VIP Member

aspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aerobatics By Daredevil Women

The fearless females perform up to 100 wingwalks a year as their aviation adventures take them to events across the UK, Europe, China, UAE and most recently Australia.

Chief stuntwoman Sarah Tanner, 31, said she'd dreamed of being a wing lady since she watched them at a display with her family when she was a child.
She said: 'Wingwalking was something I'd seen at an airshow as a child and was really inspired to see women doing it.
'I've always loved dancing and wing walking is like dancing in the sky, but it wasn't until I was 24 that I first joined.
'I came across a group of wingwalkers at an event and decided to find out more.
'One thing led to another, I auditioned and got the job. I've been doing it for seven years now.'
Sarah, who lives in Cirencester with her pilot boyfriend Richard, 35, previously enjoyed a career in event management but said she was delighted to have bagged her dream job.
One of only a handful of professional wingwalkers in the world, Sarah not only performs some of the team's most daring stunts but is also responsible for training the team's new recruits.
She said: 'To be a wingwalker you can't be taller than 5"4 or weigh more than around eight-and-a-half stone and have to have a head for heights.
aspundir is offline   Reply With Quote