View Single Post
Old 27-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #217
Dark Saint Alaick
Super Moderator

Dark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death of a Viewer

"Who found her?" he asked Rhoda.
The girl pointed to Brigid who was still hysterically moaning with an occasional scream. She was in no condition to be questioned.
Yeo returned to the room just as Lord Bethesda, supported by Roger, reached the door and saw what had happened. The old man's legs refused to carry him farther. But for Roger's strong arm he would have collapsed.
"You cannot do anything," Roger said gently. "Better come to your room."
Half led, half carried, Lord Bethesda went to the main bedroom where he sank heavily into a chair.
"Dr. Strange will soon be here," Roger murmured. "I fear there is nothing I can do. Would you like to go to bed?"
"No," the old man said weakly. "Leave me. I will soon be better."
Glancing round the luxuriously appointed apartment Roger saw a flask of brandy on the dressing-table. He poured out a fair portion.
"Better take this," he said. "I will send Rhoda."
He found the girl outside. She had managed in some degree to calm the sobbing nurse and had taken her and little Ambrose to the day nursery. She had then returned to see if she could help her uncle.