View Single Post
Old 27-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #218
Dark Saint Alaick
Super Moderator

Dark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death of a Viewer

"Who discovered it?" Roger asked her, repeating Yeo's question.
"Brigid," Rhoda said. She was shaking from the shock but she managed to keep control of herself in a wonderful way. "I saw her come in with Ambrose. She always takes him upstairs to change his things. Then I heard her scream. I ran up and I--I saw it, too."
Her voice broke, but she went bravely on--"Aunt Connie was lying--face downwards. I thought--I thought she had fainted. I turned her over. Then I noticed the stocking. I--I loosened it but I--I knew she was dead. Brigid screamed again and one of the detectives came up. I said he--had better fetch you. Then--I went to Brigid--" Rhoda broke off with a sob.
"It was a terrible shock for you, Rhoda," Roger said gently, "but you did all that was possible. I have taken your uncle to his room. You had better be with him till the doctor comes. But first I would like to see Brigid."
She led him to the day nursery where the nurse was still spasmodically sobbing.
"This is a very sad thing, Brigid," he said, "but we need your help. Do you think you can look after Ambrose for a few minutes, or would you like one of the ladies or one of the maids to be with you?"
"M-Merid" she muttered.
Merid was a chambermaid who normally assisted in looking after the little boy. Roger said she should come. He did not speak to Ambrose but put his hand softly on his head.