View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #6
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

jitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant future
Default Re: Movie review: जय हो

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetpremi View Post
Thanks Jitendra for responding.

I am not cynical. I did enjoy many Indian movies. The last time I was here in California I saw Sridevi's English Vinglish and had enjoyed it.

Even now I enjoy old Basu Chatterjee and Hrishikesh Mukherjee films of the seventies and eighties.

I liked Taare Zameen Par, Chak De India and quite a few others too.
This one was a rare case of being attracted by the film reviews in various internet sites and not trusting my own hunches in the matter.

I am planning to see "Lunchbox" when I get the opportunity.
Any opinions? Have you seen this movie?
Regards
GV
Well, I guess, since you liked "English Vinglish", you might enjoy "Lunchbox" too. Personally, I found "English Vinglish" to be "pandering to the mass populace". Then again, most movies are uninteresting to me, so I am not a good critic.

"Lunchbox" is an interesting movie but payoff was weird. Climax felt half-baked, but script dragged for a while near half time. Both main characters were well acted but there was not much meat to the story. You can probably summarize the whole movie in 4 lines. Compared to typical Bollywood and their 2 line scripts, it was much better though. It is not worthy of a Friday night ticket. I would prefer a rental if it is an option, or cheaper evening shows.