Thread: Spotlight
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #59
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spotlight

"First of all I questioned my identity and sexuality and everything I was feeling," she said.

"It was like something was dead. What I remember of that day is only one sentence I said at that moment: 'I wish my underwear was made of iron.'"

'Heat is increasing'

For the performance, she walked on the crowded streets of Kabul's western district of Kote Sangi, where she had faced taunts and harassment as a student in 2008.

'When it happened to me then, I screamed and screamed, and all the people started looking at me and yelling at me and saying 'how dare you scream, you whore'," she says.

"Nobody was defending me, they were blaming me."

She says she had expected some hostility for the performance in Kote Sangi last week but she thought it would die down.

Instead, she says, "the heat is increasing every day".

She is now receiving constant death threats by email and phone and her life has been turned upside down but she has no regrets.

"What I am facing now is the reality of my society," she said. "I can't change it immediately. OK, you are angry, but this is how I work, and I am not going to stop it."