View Single Post
Old 19-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amateur Investigator

“I saw the gun rack in your truck.”
“Oh, right.”
“I’ll bet you’re pretty good with a rifle.”
“He thinks so.” Paul nodded to the deer head that was mounted on the wall.
“Good—because this could be dangerous. I want to hire you to follow my husband. His name is Ben.”
“You think he’s cheating?”
“Yes.”
“I understand. You want me to catch him in the act. Take pictures.”
“My husband is a wealthy man, Mr. Piper, and I deserve half of everything he’s got.”
“I agree, Mrs. Good—I mean, Amy.”
She reached into her purse, pulled out a photo and an envelope, and slid them across Paul’s desk. “Will you take the job?”
Paul studied the picture for a moment and then opened the envelope. It contained five one-hundred dollar bills. He nearly fell out of his chair.
“Will you take the job?”
He almost said, Hell, yes—but realized that would not sound professional. “Yes, Ma’am. When do I start?”
“Tonight. But be sure to take a gun. I don’t know what he might do if he catches you spying on him.”

Amy explained that she had overheard her husband talking to some woman on the phone. He was taking to her to dinner tonight at a popular, out-of-the-way seafood restaurant on the lake. It was same restaurant where he had taken Amy on their second date, so she knew his pattern: a great seafood dinner, followed by a long walk on the pier, a beautiful love poem, and passionate kisses under the moonlight. Then he would take her to a lovely cottage in the hills.

She told him there should be plenty of opportunities to take the pictures.
>>>