View Single Post
Old 19-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amateur Investigator

Paul saw a couple at the end of the pier. They were standing very close. But it was too dark to get a good picture from this distance. He would have to get much closer, and use a flash.

But how would they react when his flash went off? The husband might run after him. Paul was not a fast runner. He imagined getting tackled, his face being pummeled, and his camera being thrown into the lake. But how else could he get the picture he needed?

What the hell? He asked for danger, and he got it.

He crept along the back edge of the pier, near the trees, so as not to be seen. He prayed a creaky board wouldn’t give him away. Finally he was within flash range. He carefully took out his camera and aimed. He couldn’t see their faces, but that didn’t matter. He just needed to frame the shot and hold the camera steady.

He pushed the button and the end of the deck lit up momentarily and then went black. The couple turned his direction.

“Hey!” said the man.

Paul turned to run, but stopped. When the flash had illuminated the couple for that brief moment, he’d seen their faces clearly. “Sissy?”

After a two full seconds of silence, “Paul? Is that you? What the hell are you doing out here?”

Paul took a step toward them, no longer afraid. “What happened to Girls Night Out, Sissy?”

“Don’t you dare judge me.”

“You’re my wife, and you’re cheating on me. You’d better damn well believe I’m gonna judge you.”
>>>