View Single Post
Old 26-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #231
Dark Saint Alaick
Super Moderator

Dark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Call Mr. Fortune : A Thriller

"If seeing were knowing, I should know Miss Joan Amber very well. It's delightful to be able to thank her for the real Rosalind - all the Rosalind there is."
She made him a curtsy. "I'm lucky. I didn't think you'd be like this. I expected an old man with glasses and --- "
"This," said Reggie maliciously - "this is the Chief of the Criminal Investigation Department - Mr. Lomas."
Lomas let his eyeglass fall. "I also am young enough to go to the theatre. I shall go on being young so long as Miss Amber is acting."
"May I sit down?" said she pathetically. "You're rather overwhelming. I thought it would be terrific and severe and suspicious. But you know you are bland - simply bland."
"This is your fault, Lomas," said Reggie severely. "I have often been called flippant and even futile, but never bland before - never bland."
"It is a tribute to your maturity, my dear Fortune."
Her golden eyes sent a glance at Reggie. " Mature!" she said. "I suppose you are real? Oh, let's be serious. I am Jane Brown, you know. Amber - of course I had to have another name for the stage- Amber because of my hair." She touched it.