View Single Post
Old 30-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #22
Dark Saint Alaick
Super Moderator

Dark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Best American Humorous Short Stories

"Ah!" said I, "I see how it is. This thing speaks for itself. A natural accident, such as will
happen now and then!"
I gave the matter no further consideration, and at my usual hour retired to bed. Here,
having placed a candle upon a reading stand at the bed head, and having made an attempt
to peruse some pages of the Omnipresence of the Deity, I unfortunately fell asleep in less than twenty seconds, leaving the light burning as it was.
My dreams were terrifically disturbed by visions of the Angel of the Odd. Methought he
stood at the foot of the couch, drew aside the curtains, and in the hollow, detestable tones
of a rum puncheon, menaced me with the bitterest vengeance for the contempt with
which I had treated him. He concluded a long harangue by taking off his funnel-cap,
inserting the tube into my gullet, and thus deluging me with an ocean of Kirschenwässer,
which he poured in a continuous flood, from one of the long-necked bottles that stood
him instead of an arm.