View Single Post
Old 30-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #29
Dark Saint Alaick
Super Moderator

Dark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Best American Humorous Short Stories

"Und you ave pelief in me, te Angel of te Odd?"
I nodded again.
"Und you acknowledge tat you pe te blind dronk und te vool?"
I nodded once more.
"Put your right hand into your left preeches pocket, ten, in token ov your vull zubmizzion
unto te Angel ov te Odd."
This thing, for very obvious reasons, I found it quite impossible to do. In the first place,
my left arm had been broken in my fall from the ladder, and therefore, had I let go my
hold with the right hand I must have let go altogether. In the second place, I could have
no breeches until I came across the crow. I was therefore obliged, much to my regret, to
shake my head in the negative, intending thus to give the Angel to understand that I
found it inconvenient, just at that moment, to comply with his very reasonable demand!
No sooner, however, had I ceased shaking my head than--
"Go to der teuffel, ten!" roared the Angel of the Odd.