View Single Post
Old 14-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
abhisays
Administrator

abhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to abhisays
Default Re: A Complex Problem By Premchand

“I say why don’t you try and give them something someday, and see what they say. In the city, people don’t get such things. These people sometimes get tempted by small things.”

“And master, what if someone says something? What if someone complains to the office manager and I won’t be worth anything.”

“I take responsibility for that; nobody will say anything. If anyone does, I will explain it to them.”

“Right, sir. These days peas are being harvested. Grams are getting green, and even the sugarcane squeezer is up and ready. There is nothing else besides this.”

“So, just get them these things.”

“Yes sir, as I said, I will see what I can do.”

Next day when Gharib came, there were three well-built youths with him. On the heads of two of them were baskets, which were full of pea pods. On the head of the third was a pitcher full of sugarcane juice. All three had sugarcane bundles under their arms. Gharib came and quietly stood under a tree in front of the verandah. He wasn’t able to summon the courage to come into the office, as if he was a criminal. Just then, the peons and other employees of the office surrounded him. One started munching on a sugarcane stick, while others jumped upon the baskets. It was a free for all. In the meantime, the office manager reached the office. He saw the spectacle and said in a loud voice, “What is this crowding about? Go and do your work, each of you.”