View Single Post
Old 13-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #5
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Country Doctor

They know nothing about it, and if they did know, they wouldn't believe it. Incidentally, it's easy to write
prescriptions, but difficult to come to an understanding with people. Now, at this point my visit might have
come to an end—they have once more called for my help unnecessarily. I'm used to that. With the help of my night bell the entire region torments me, but that this time I had to sacrifice Rosa as well, this beautiful girl, who lives in my house all year long and whom I scarcely notice—this sacrifice is too great, and I must
somehow in my own head subtly rationalize it away for the moment, in order not to let loose at this family
who cannot, even with their best will, give me Rosa back again. But as I am closing up by hand bag and
calling for my fur coat, the family is standing together, the father sniffing the glass of rum in his hand, the
mother, probably disappointed in me—what more do these people expect?—tearfully biting her lips, and the sister flapping a very bloody hand towel, I am somehow ready, in the circumstances, to concede that the
young man is perhaps nonetheless sick. I go to him.

>>>