View Single Post
Old 13-07-2014, 11:13 PM   #8
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Country Doctor

“Should I be satisfied with this excuse? Alas, I'll probably have to be. I always have to make do. I came
into the world with a beautiful wound; that was all I was furnished with.” “Young friend,” I say, “your
mistake is that you have no perspective. I've already been in all the sick rooms, far and wide, and I tell you
your wound is not so bad. Made in a tight corner with two blows from an axe. Many people offer their side
and hardly hear the axe in the forest, to say nothing of the fact that it's coming closer to them.” “Is that really so, or are you deceiving me in my fever?” “It is truly so. Take the word of honour of a medical doctor.” He took my word and grew still. But now it was time to think about my escape.

The horses were still standingloyally in place. Clothes, fur coat, and bag were quickly snatched up. I didn't want to delay by getting dressed; if the horses rushed as they had on the journey out, I should, in fact, be springing out of that bed into my own, as it were. One horse obediently pulled back from the window. I threw the bundle into the carriage. The fur coat flew too far and was caught on a hook by only one arm. Good enough. I swung myself up onto the horse.
>>>