View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three Sundays in a Week

"Ah! --- precisely?"

"Yes, uncle --- that is, if it would be quite agreeable to yourself."

"Wouldn't it answer, Bobby, if I were to leave it at random --- some time within a year or so, for example? --- must I say precisely?"

"If you please, uncle --- precisely."

"Well, then, Bobby, my boy --- you're a fine fellow, aren't you? --- since you will have the exact time I'll --- why I'll oblige you for once:"

"Dear uncle!"

"Hush, sir!" [drowning my voice] --- I'll oblige you for once. You shall have my consent --- and the plum, we mus'n't forget the plum --- let me see! when shall it be? Today's Sunday --- isn't it? Well, then, you shall be married precisely --- precisely, now mind! --- when three Sundays come together in a week! Do you hear me, sir! What are you gaping at? I say, you shall have Kate and her plum when three Sundays come together in a week --- but not till then --- you young scapegrace --- not till then, if I die for it. You know me --- I'm a man of my word --- now be off!" Here he swallowed his bumper of port, while I rushed from the room in despair.

Last edited by rajnish manga; 01-02-2014 at 02:37 PM.
rajnish manga is offline   Reply With Quote