View Single Post
Old 17-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #414
internetpremi
Diligent Member

internetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: पहचानो तो जानें !!!

Very easy.
I have seen this film of Rajinder Singh Bedi called Dastak.
I was a student at BITS Pilani (between 1967 and 1972) when this film was released and it created a sensation.
The scene shows Rehana Sultana singing the famous song, sung by Lata Mangeshkar and composed by Madan Mohan : हम हैं मता ए कूचा, बाज़ार की तरह

Rajinder Singh Bedi lived in the building opposite to us in Mumbai during those years and I used to watch him having tea with famous Bollywood lyricists in the veranda/compound outside his house those days when they met on Sunday afternoons/evenings. I am not sure who they were, but they could be Hasrat jaipuri, Saahir Ludhianvi, Majrooh Sultaanpuri or some others. I was too young at that time to take too much interest. We used to play cricket with his son Jatinder Singh Bedi who also went to the same school as I did. Jatinder had an elder brother called Narinder Bedi who was involved along with his father Rajinder Singh Bedi in the script writing and screen play of another successful film called Mere Sanam (Biswajeet/Asha Parekh)

Thanks for this opportunity to recall my old days!
GV
internetpremi is offline   Reply With Quote