View Single Post
Old 27-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #15
Dark Saint Alaick
Super Moderator

Dark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death of a Viewer

"Not a bit. Look here, Major Bennion, you talk of my means. I know most of the people here are old-age pensioners and thanks to you or your father they are very comfortably off but round the corner there are scores of houses, hundreds perhaps, with three or four wage-earners in the family who bring in twice as much in their pay packets as I get. I like living near my constituents and they like me to be here. It is handy for the House, just an easy run on the Underground."
"If you refuse to go," Roger said, "we might apply for an eviction order. That would test the validity of the tenancy."
"No doubt of its validity. But as I said, if anything more is due to you I am willing to pay it."
"Even the new Rent Act would not protect you and there may be other grounds for action."
"Such as?"
"Some of your neighbours suggest that the lady who is living with you is not your wife."
Ewen Jones laughed. "Because she writes and speaks as Gwennie Wren? That is just what they would suggest."
"Are they wrong? The question would of course be put to you when the case is heard. You can easily dispose of it by showing when and where you were married."
The M.P. still regarded him good-humouredly.