View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #32
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting Anecdotes from the Past

Music among the Mice

The writer used to amuse himself and friends by attracting a pair of mice into his room by means of a guitar. The following, relating to the same, is from the “American,” 1856:—

“We called upon our friend, and found him alone in his room, ‘touching the guitar lightly.’ He arose, greeted us with his bland smile, and said,—

“‘Perhaps you would like to see my pupils. If you will be seated, and remain very quiet, I will call them out.’

“We did so. He resumed his seat, and, taking his splendid-toned guitar, touched some beautiful chords from an opera, and, in a moment, two or three mice ran out from the corner of the room, pointed on a ‘bee line’ towards the sound of the instrument. They stopped and listened for a moment or two, and, as the music glided up and down, they would move to and fro some inches on the floor, reminding one of a Schottische. In various passages of the music I saw one jump up two or three inches from the floor. Thus they manœuvred till the music ceased, when they scampered away to their holes again.”