View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default The real Meena Kumari

The real Meena Kumari

- Review of Meena Kumari’s biography -
(Courtesy: Raza Rumi on internet)

The soulfulness of India’s greatest tragedienne was born of an abiding love for reading and writing. Raza Rumi reviews a biography of the alluring star
Barri Bechari Hai
Meena Kumari
Jisko Lagi Hai
Dil ki Bimari
Meena Kumari ruled the world of Indian cinema until her death in 1972 due to liver cirrhosis. Since her death her popular image has been that of a suffering tragic heroine who died of loneliness and excessive drinking. However, the story of Mahjabeen (Meena Kumari’s real name) is neither as simple nor stereotypical as painted by her panegyrists and detractors alike. I recall the days in my childhood when Meena Kumari’s last film Pakeeezah was scheduled to be shown on Doordarshan. The excitement was incredible and everyone I knew anticipated watching it via (illegal) TV signals from across the border. Such was her magic and appeal. And needless to state, sheer beauty.
Attached Images
This post has an attachment which you could see if you were registered. Registering is quick and easy
This post has an attachment which you could see if you were registered. Registering is quick and easy
rajnish manga is offline   Reply With Quote