View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
sheena79

sheena79 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 13 natural ways to lower blood pressure

hello guys let me astonish you with this thing dark chocolate can actually lower your blood pressure, i am giving the recipe too have a glimpse
Dark Chocolate What gives dark chocolate its blood-vessel benefits? Polyphenols, a major class of bioactive phytochemicals proven to protect against heart and vascular disease. Flavonoids, a subclass of polyphenols that accounts for about two-thirds of our polyphenol intake, are found in high concentration in dark chocolate, as well as in fruits and vegetables. To satisfy your chocolate craving and lower your blood pressure, go with the real thing. Natural unsweetened cocoa powder has the highest concentration of flavonoids of any chocolate product, followed by unsweetened baking chocolate. Cocoa powder is also lower in sugar, fat and calories than solid chocolate bars. To get a tasty dose, try my chocolate banana cake recipe, with two superb blood-pressure-lowering foods in each bite.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 large ripe banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
3/4 cup soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 egg white
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet dark chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 11-by-7-inch brownie pan with nonstick spray. Whisk together the flour, sugar blend, cocoa, and baking soda in one large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the bananas, soy milk, oil, egg, egg white, lemon juice and vanilla. Then make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture and pour on the soy milk mixture and chocolate chips. With a wooden spoon, stir the ingredients together until blended. Spoon the batter into your pan and bake for about 25 minutes, until the center of the cake springs back when pressed lightly with fingertips. (Serves 18.) Each serving has 150 calories, 52 mg of sodium, 119 mg of potassium, 23 mg of calcium, 1 gram of saturated fat and 9 grams of sugar.
sheena79 is offline   Reply With Quote