View Single Post
Old 15-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #3
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classical Revenge

“I feel naked without a pick—but I’ll try it.” Luci formed a G Major chord with her left hand, and strummed with her right thumb. “Nice. Very nice.”

“Yeah. See what I mean about the tone?”

“Yes. It’s beautiful. What kind of strings are these? Catgut?”

Amy smiled. “No, they’re man-made. In fact, those are my own special brand. I give each batch its own unique name. Those are Macho Delights.”

“Interesting name.”

“Thanks.”

Luci hesitated. “They never really made strings from cats, did they?”

“No.”

“I didn’t think so.”

“Catgut is short for cattle guts. Usually sheep intestines.”

“Yuck.”

“Most classical guitar strings are nylon these days. Or a composite material made from synthetic fibers. But you can still buy catgut strings. You can order a set on the web for $80.”

Luci’s face contorted. “How do they make guitar strings out of intestines?”

“It’s quite a process. They have to remove them from the animal’s body while they’re still warm. Then they clean and strip them, twist and polish—“

“—gross. I’ve heard enough. So, what’s so special about your strings?”
>>>