View Single Post
Old 27-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #21
Dark Saint Alaick
Super Moderator

Dark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond reputeDark Saint Alaick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death of a Viewer

"You must tell me the games you play," Roger said to him genially. The boy offered a limp hand but made no reply.
"Tea will be here almost at once," Lady Bethesda remarked; "You will not mind if Ambrose has it with us? His nurse is out this afternoon."
"Nice and cosy," Roger smiled. "I had an idea Captain and Mrs. Henshaw might be here."
"They are. They came on Wednesday, but they went with Ewen. At least Sandra did. Her husband said he would try his luck fishing."
"I believe your stream is famous," Roger returned, "but perhaps you are more interested in politics, Lady Bethesda. With a husband so distinguished and with his son a Member of Parliament, you could hardly fail to be. Do you take an active part yourself?"
"I am afraid I do not. Frankly, politics bore me. Why cannot people be contented with things as they are instead of clamouring all the time for changes?"
"Then it is very good of you to allow this meeting in your beautiful home."
"I am not all that selfish. These things mean a lot to my husband, and it gives us a chance to see something of Ewen. He prefers to live in London."
Then the tea was wheeled in. Choice china, old silver and a profusion of cakes and sandwiches. It kept them busy for a time.