My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > New India > Young World
Home Rules Facebook Register FAQ Community

Old 31-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
dipu
VIP Member

dipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to dipu
Question Facebook may make you envious: Study

Facebook may make you envious: Study
By Kul Bhushan
on
23-01-2013

Do you feel jealous and frustrated after watching your Facebook friends' vacation and fun pictures on the network? If yes, then you might be suffering from what researchers call "Facebook envy".

Are you among those who envy Facebook friends for having more exciting and successful lives than you? Well, worry not as you are not alone. German researches have come up with a new study that reveals social media envy is a real thing and is leaving people with negative feelings such as loneliness, frustration and even anger.

The study goes on to say the social media envy is making people feel less satisfied with their own lives. Respondents admitted they were frustrated and envious after visiting the social networking website.

The study noted users who browsed Facebook without participating in any sort of active conversations are the most affected by such negative feelings. Friends' vacation photos on social the networking site is among the top reasons for the frustration, the study found.

"Access to copious positive news and the profiles of seemingly successful 'friends' fosters social comparison that can readily provoke envy," says project manager Hanna Krasnova, who is a postdoctoral researcher at Humboldt University, in a statement. "By and large, online social networks allow users unprecedented access to information … that would be much more difficult to obtain offline."

According to the study, such negative feelings can “frequently” cause users to work up their Facebook profile and boast about recent successes to compete with friends. This however, causes jealousy among other users, which researchers dub as the “envy spiral”.

The researchers also noted that there is a connection between the social media envy and users' general life satisfaction. Passive usage of Facebook adds up to the feelings that have negative impact on life satisfaction.

"Considering the fact that Facebook use is a worldwide phenomenon and envy is a universal feeling, a lot of people are subject to these painful consequences," Coauthor Helena Wenninger from Darmstadt's Technical University, said in a statement.

Source: CNET

This article is based on a university study,
Source,
http://www.tu-darmstadt.de/vorbeisch...i_63808.en.jsp

Does this mean that visiting a friends or friends of friend page make a person feel negative emotions ?

Disclamer :- All the My Post are Free Available On INTERNET Posted By Somebody Else, I'm Not VIOLATING Any COPYRIGHTED LAW. If Anything Is Against LAW, Please Notify So That It Can Be Removed.
dipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Jack.hardon

Jack.hardon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Facebook may make you envious: Study

This is serious...I never thought this could be a disease our disorder...That means I am also ill..and should now get admitted soon in the hospital..
Jack.hardon is offline   Reply With Quote