My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Hindi Forum > The Lounge

Old 20-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reflections of a Senior Citizen

Reflections of a Senior Citizen

As I've aged, I've become kinder to, and less critical of, myself. I've become my own friend.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world, too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it, if I choose to read, or play on the computer, until4 AM, or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 50s, 60s 70s, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love, I will.

I will walk the beach, in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves, with abandon, if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set. They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And, eventually, I remember the important things.

Sure, over the years, my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break, when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength, and understanding, and compassion. A heart never broken, is pristine, and sterile, and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it).
rajnish manga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
dipu
VIP Member

dipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to dipu
Default Re: Reflections of a Senior Citizen

Disclamer :- All the My Post are Free Available On INTERNET Posted By Somebody Else, I'm Not VIOLATING Any COPYRIGHTED LAW. If Anything Is Against LAW, Please Notify So That It Can Be Removed.
dipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipu View Post

सूत्र पसंद करने के लिए आभार, दीपू जी.
Old 20-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
internetpremi
Diligent Member

internetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond repute

I can relate to these thoughts.
Let me share with all of you some thoughts of my own, on this subject.

I have stepped into what is called the entrance to old age.
I am now 64 and feel much better than I ever felt in the past.
The compulsion to work and earn for the sake of the family and children is gone.
The compulsion to work according to the dictates of your boss is gone.
Every day is a holiday for me now. My time is my own.
With God's grace, I now enjoy reasonably good health after some setbacks about three years ago.
Today, I am not afraid of death. My responsibilities in life are over.
No one depends on me. My children are grown up and they are independent.
Modern technology, that brought Smart phones, computers, internet, TV etc have made life easier particularly for us old people. Passing time should not be a problem for any one nowadays.

I have over 10,000 friends, whose faces I have never seen. They are all internet friends in forums like this and in several other forums and yahoo groups where I am not an anonymous Internetpremi, but a real flesh and blood human being with a name and an identity.

These days 24 hours a day is not enough for me. If I had some extra hours in the day, I would greedily be enjoying them too.

As long as I can read and write (or rather type) and am healthy enough to sit, stand, walk around, and do not suffer from physical pain, I have no complaints and will not feel that old age is any handicap at all, even though my body has aged and I am not able to do many things which I could do easily in my youth.

I also realize that the the world is changing. Society is changing, customs are changing and am broad minded to accept what is now common with the next generation. I do not expect them to live and think and behave like us. I have no expectations from them. I will be available to them if they need me but will not impose myself and my beliefs on them. I have planned my retirement so that I am independent of the next generation. I enjoy their company, and I do not expect them to respect me merely because of my age.

In all this my parents who are no more were my inspiration. They thought and planned like me, a whole generation ago and I am emulating them.

Rajnishji has come up with an interesting thread.
I thank him.

May I hear the thoughts of others too?.
internetpremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
Dr.Shree Vijay
Exclusive Member

Dr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond repute

Nice.............................................. ..................

*** Dr.Shri Vijay Ji ***

ऑनलाईन या ऑफलाइन हिंदी में लिखने के लिए क्लिक करे:

.........: सूत्र पर अपनी प्रतिक्रिया अवश्य दे :.........

Disclaimer:All these my post have been collected from the internet and none is my own property. By chance,any of this is copyright, please feel free to contact me for its removal from the thread.

Dr.Shree Vijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

अभिषेक जी, दीपू जी, इंटरनेटप्रेमी जी, डॉ श्री विजय जी, सूत्र भ्रमण करने तथा उदार टिप्पणियों हेतु आपका अतिशय आभारी हूँ.

इंटरनेटप्रेमी जी, सूत्र पर आपके उल्लेखनीय योगदान के लिए मैं विशेष रूप से आभार प्रगट करना चाहता हूँ. आपने बड़े मनोयोगपूर्वक और बड़ी ईमानदारी से अपने पूर्व एवम् वर्तमान समय तथा काल आयोजना के विषय में अपने विचार रखे. यह जान कर प्रसन्नता हुई कि आप अपने पारिवारिक दायित्वों से मुक्त हैं. आसन्न मृत्यु, जो अवश्यम्भावी है, के बारे में आपने जिस दृष्टिकोण का परिचय दिया है, वह अपने में बहुत बड़ी बात है और हम सभी के लिये प्रेरणा देने वाली मशाल है. एक बार पुनः धन्यवाद.
Old 23-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
jai_bhardwaj
Exclusive Member

jai_bhardwaj has disabled reputation

Attached Images
This post has an attachment which you could see if you were registered. Registering is quick and easy
पात्रतात धनम आप्नोति, धनात धर्मः, ततः सुखम ।।

कभी कभी -->http://kadaachit.blogspot.in/
यहाँ मिलूँगा: https://www.facebook.com/jai.bhardwaj.754
jai_bhardwaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Dr.Shree Vijay
Exclusive Member

Dr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond repute

यह सब तस्वीरे हमारी संकीर्ण मानसिकता को उजागर कर रही हें................

*** Dr.Shri Vijay Ji ***

ऑनलाईन या ऑफलाइन हिंदी में लिखने के लिए क्लिक करे:

.........: सूत्र पर अपनी प्रतिक्रिया अवश्य दे :.........

Disclaimer:All these my post have been collected from the internet and none is my own property. By chance,any of this is copyright, please feel free to contact me for its removal from the thread.

Dr.Shree Vijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #9
sharmaji

sharmaji is a jewel in the roughsharmaji is a jewel in the roughsharmaji is a jewel in the rough

I would like to congratulate you on starting such a wonderful topic. These threads are soul of discussion forums. I am also delighted to see myself surrounded by such experienced and good-hearted persons.

I have read somewhere that Old age is a good and pleasant thing when you are gently shouldered off the stage, but then you are given such a comfortable front stall as a spectator.
sharmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
I would like to congratulate you on starting such a wonderful topic. These threads are soul of discussion forums. I am also delighted to see myself surrounded by such experienced and good-hearted persons.

I have read somewhere that Old age is a good and pleasant thing when you are gently shouldered off the stage, but then you are given such a comfortable front stall as a spectator.
Thank you very much, Sharma ji, for subscribing to the views expressed in the write-up. It is indeed a matter of great pleasure when we observe people with enlightened ideas around us. I fully agree with your views about your roles on-stage and off-stage. One thing is sure, everyone has a role cut-out for him for the enrichment of society. It is for us to channelise our energies in a worthwhile manner.