My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Entertainment > Film World
Home Rules Facebook Register FAQ Community

Old 27-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Atul

Atul is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Love, Sex aur Dhokha Movie Review

If for nothing else, Love Sex Aur Dhokha is worth a watch for its style and presentation. Shot entirely through digi-cams, hand-held cameras, spy cams, security cams and the like, the movie has an extremely fresh appeal. Kudos to Dibakar Banarjee for attempting something new, for trying to break away from everything else that has ever been made, and for succeeding. I won’t debate whether Love Sex Aur Dhokha will be a hit or not (trade figures and box office revenues don’t impress me much), but I can say that anyone who watches this movie won’t leave disappointed.

Love Sex Aur Dhokha is three stories in one. They are not interlinked, but the characters overlap, which makes the stories a bit more interesting, but yet, their appeal lies in their individuality. A sad love story, a MMS scandal and a sting operation – all three stories are poignant and real, but it is the first tale that takes the cake. All three stories have been filmed and told very well, in a very real manner. It doesn’t even seem like reel anywhere.

For me, the beauty about Love Sex Aur Dhokha is the cast. There are no heroes, heroines or villains- every actor plays someone you know, someone very real and someone you can relate to. I know this sounds clichéd and has been said many times before, but nowhere else has this been as true as it is in Love Sex Aur Dhokha. In fact, the way the movie has been filmed and enacted is so real that I can’t think of any other word to describe it – it’s just very real.

However, the movie does tend to get a bit tedious in the second half. The first half, especially the first story, holds onto your attention. But the second half allows your mind to waver. You know the movie isn’t as good as it could have been when you start glancing at your watch before it nears the end.

Yet, I won’t say that the movie is boring, but you might feel like giving the proceedings a push in certain sections. Don’t go expecting to see anything raunchy or bold. Love Sex Aur Dhokha is not even controversial. It’s different cinema, it’s something you haven’t seen before. People might call it unconventional or bold, I call it revolutionary. What makes me really happy is that Bollywood finally has the brains (and the money) to churn out a Love Sex Aur Dhokha. A toast is in order to the makers and producers of Love Sex Aur Dhokha. Well done. And keep doing.
Atul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
pratul

pratul is on a distinguished road

I hav seen it, a 1 time watch..u cn say...

combination of three very (recently common) and obvious stories taken frm our society

pratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

jitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant future

Didn't quite liked the promos and songs. definitely not spending 200bucks on this movie.
Old 28-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
sumit

sumit is on a distinguished road

Most bakwas movie of the year.
I don't like it.
Not worth to spend 200 bucks on this movie.
sumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
abhishek

abhishek is just really niceabhishek is just really niceabhishek is just really niceabhishek is just really nice

Overall, Love Sex aur Dhokha is an original, innovative and new style cinema, which can shock and provoke you to think.

The film is definitely not for the regular bollywood fans who want to see shahrukh-salman type of films. It is also not for the normal junta. This film is for people who are ready to accept the change and we all know there are very few people like this. That is why this movie is the biggest flop of the year.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
rickymaccullum

rickymaccullum is on a distinguished road

firsr the title is 2 much pervert! so who would watch the film!
first impression always last impression
rickymaccullum is offline   Reply With Quote