My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Art & Literature > English Literature

Old 26-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #61
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laughter is the Best Medicine :.........

Chico Marx

Chico (correctly pronounced "chick-oh") Marx, the oldest of the brothers, got his famous nickname from his penchant for chasing young women (i.e., chicks) early in his life. Although the Marx Brothers made millions over the years, Chico was often in financial straits because of a lifelong gambling problem (his wife Betty insisted that they rent rather than own a home for fear of Chico's losing their house in a card game). Over the years, his interest in the ladies also created a few marital problems. At a club one night, Betty angrily accused Chico of kissing another woman on the dance floor. His defense may not have convinced his wife, but it has pleased language lovers ever since:

“I wasn't kissing her,
I was whispering in her mouth.”
Old 26-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #62
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute

Groucho Marx

From 1950 to 1961, Groucho Marx's "You Bet Your Life" was one of the most popular shows on television. In addition to being a perfect vehicle for Groucho's quick wit, the show featured several gimmicks that became part of television history (a little bird that appeared whenever a contestant uttered "the magic word" and the question, "Who is buried in Grant's tomb?"). Shot before a live audience, Groucho would typically interview contestants for a short while before moving onto the quiz portion of the show. However, so many of Groucho's quips were off-color or risqué that it generally took to up to two hours to produce enough suitable material for a half-hour show. One night, a contestant revealed that he was the father of ten children. When Groucho asked "Why so many children?" the man answered, "Well, Groucho, I love my wife." Marx hesitated for a moment, panned to the audience in his inimitable manner, and then delivered one of the most famous lines never to be actually broadcast on the show:

“I love my cigar,
but I take it out of my mouth once in a while.”
Old 28-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #63
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

George Bernard Shaw
British Playwright

After the opening performance of "Arms and the Man" in London in 1894, playwright George Bernard Shaw joined the actors on stage to acknowledge a rousing, appreciative ovation. Amidst the sustained applause, a solitary voice cried out: "Boo! Boo!" Shaw looked in the direction of the voice and said:

“I quite agree with you my friend,
but what can we two do against
a whole houseful of the opposite opinion?”
Old 28-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #64
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

Oscar Wilde
Irish Novelist, Poet & Playwright

In 1882, the 28-year-old Oscar Wilde embarked on a year-long lecture tour of America. During that much-heralded trip, he traveled to more than seventy cities and towns across the U. S. and Canada, lecturing on art and the aesthetic movement to intellectuals in Boston, farmers in Nebraska, and miners in Colorado. With his velvet coat, frilly silk shirts, and patent leather shoes, Wilde looked every inch the English dandy. He also shocked people with his open displays of sensuality (when he met Walt Whitman in New Jersey, the two men greeted each other with a kiss on the lips). Wilde's tour started with a bang on January 2, 1882, when he arrived at New York Harbor. Asked by a U. S. Customs official if he had anything to declare, he famously replied:

“I have nothing to declare but my genius.”
Old 05-12-2014, 08:24 PM   #65
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

John Wilkes
Radical journalist and politician
(First elected member of Parliament in Britain)

Perhaps the most celebrated retort in the history of wit occurred in a famous exchange between two 18th century political rivals, John Montagu, also known as the Earl of Sandwich, and the reformist politician, John Wilkes. During a heated argument, Montagu scowled at Wilkes and said derisively, "Upon my soul, Wilkes, I don't know whether you'll die upon the gallows, or of syphilis" (some versions of the story say "a vile disease" and others "the pox"). Unfazed, Wilkes came back with what many people regard as the greatest retort of all time:

“That will depend, my Lord, on whether I embrace your principles, or your mistress.”
Old 05-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #66
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

Brevity is the soul of wit.—William Shakespeare

^

William Shakespeare and Michael R. Burch
(English Playwright and American Poet)

And while one takes one's literary life into his hands when he attempts to go beyond the Masters, in the spirit of "nothing ventured, nothing gained" please allow me to suggest that:

If brevity is the soul of wit
then brevity and levity
are the whole of it.

(Michael R. Burch)

Old 07-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #67
harry26

harry26 is on a distinguished road

Best Medicine is when you laugh at High speech.
harry26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2015, 07:09 PM   #68
Suraj Shah

Suraj Shah is a splendid one to beholdSuraj Shah is a splendid one to beholdSuraj Shah is a splendid one to beholdSuraj Shah is a splendid one to beholdSuraj Shah is a splendid one to beholdSuraj Shah is a splendid one to behold

Aaj Ki Sachchai :

Yadi Aap Phoolon Pe So Rahe Hain Toh Ye Aapki Pehli Raat Hai;
Aur Yadi Phool Aap Pe So Rahe Hain Toh Ye Aapki Akhri Raat Hai.
Ajab Teri Duniya Gajab Tere Khel.

Mombatti Jalakar Murdon Ko Yaad Kiya Jaata Hai;
Aur Mombatti Bujha Ke Janamdin Manaya Jaata Hai.
Kaisi Vidambana Hain Hamare Desh Ki.

Phoolan Devi Daaku Hokar Election Jeet Gayi Aur Kiran Bedi Police Waali Ho Kar Bhi Elction Haar Gayi.

Kitni Ajeeb Duniya Hai Ye, Yahan Auratein Dusri Auraton Ki Buraiyaan Karte Nahin Thakti;
Jabki Aadmi Dusri Auraton Ki Tareef Karte Nahin Thakte.
Aadmi Sach Mein Mahaan Hai.

Humne 5 Aadmiyon Ko Beer Pilayi Aur 5 Auraton Ko Dove Lagaya.
Aadmiyon KE Chehre Pe Jyada Rangat Thi.

5 Things Jo Khatam Hone Pe Kaafi Problems Deti Hain.
Dosti
Paisa
Pyar
Sunday Aur
Internet Pack
Last Waala Toh Almost Rula Hi Deta Hai.

Puraane Jamane Mein Jab Koi Akela Baith Ke Hasta Tha Toh Sab Kehte The Ki Us Per Kisi Bhoot-Pret Ka Saaya Hai.
Aajkal Koi Akela Baith Ke Hasta Hai Toh Kehte Hain Ki Yar Mujhe Bhi Send Kar De.
Suraj Shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #69
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj Shah View Post
Aaj Ki Sachchai :
Great fun. Enjoyed reading them. Following ones are outstanding:

Phoolan Devi Daaku Hokar Election Jeet Gayi Aur Kiran Bedi Police Waali Ho Kar Bhi Elction Haar Gayi.
Old 28-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #70
Dr.Shree Vijay
Exclusive Member

Dr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Shree Vijay has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Laughter is the Best Medicine :.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj Shah View Post

Aaj Ki Sachchai :

Yadi Aap Phoolon Pe So Rahe Hain Toh Ye Aapki Pehli Raat Hai;
Aur Yadi Phool Aap Pe So Rahe Hain Toh Ye Aapki Akhri Raat Hai.
Ajab Teri Duniya Gajab Tere Khel.

Kitni Ajeeb Duniya Hai Ye, Yahan Auratein Dusri Auraton Ki Buraiyaan Karte Nahin Thakti;
Jabki Aadmi Dusri Auraton Ki Tareef Karte Nahin Thakte.
Aadmi Sach Mein Mahaan Hai.

Humne 5 Aadmiyon Ko Beer Pilayi Aur 5 Auraton Ko Dove Lagaya.
Aadmiyon KE Chehre Pe Jyada Rangat Thi.

5 Things Jo Khatam Hone Pe Kaafi Problems Deti Hain.
Dosti
Paisa
Pyar
Sunday Aur
Internet Pack
Last Waala Toh Almost Rula Hi Deta Hai.

Puraane Jamane Mein Jab Koi Akela Baith Ke Hasta Tha Toh Sab Kehte The Ki Us Per Kisi Bhoot-Pret Ka Saaya Hai.
Aajkal Koi Akela Baith Ke Hasta Hai Toh Kehte Hain Ki Yar Mujhe Bhi Send Kar De.

Outstanding...........

*** Dr.Shri Vijay Ji ***

ऑनलाईन या ऑफलाइन हिंदी में लिखने के लिए क्लिक करे:

.........: सूत्र पर अपनी प्रतिक्रिया अवश्य दे :.........

Disclaimer:All these my post have been collected from the internet and none is my own property. By chance,any of this is copyright, please feel free to contact me for its removal from the thread.

Dr.Shree Vijay is offline   Reply With Quote