My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Art & Literature > English Literature
Home Rules Facebook Register FAQ Community

Old 01-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

jitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant future
Default How the word "Shit" originated??

This amusing story supposedly tells the tale of where the word shit originated from – I’m not buying a word of it. Have a read and see if you think it’s believable or bs.

Manure… An interesting fact

Manure: In the 16th and 17th centuries, everything had to be transported by ship and it was also before the invention of commercial fertilizers, so large shipments of manure were quite common.

It was shipped dry, because in dry form it weighed a lot less than when wet, but once water (at sea) hit it, not only did it become heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a by product is methane gas of course. As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen.
Methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern, BOOOOM!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was determined just what was happening

After that, the bundles of manure were always stamped with the instruction ‘Stow high in transit ‘ on them, which meant for the sailors to stow it high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

Thus evolved the term ‘S.H.I.T.’, (Stow High In Transit) which has come down through the centuries and is in use to this very day.

You probably did not know the true history of this word. Neither did I and I still don’t believe a word of it.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
sony

sony has a spectacular aura aboutsony has a spectacular aura about
Wink

Do you know what is the full form of GOLF-Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden.

sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
DotNet

DotNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sony View Post
Do you know what is the full form of GOLF-Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden.

That's because you have to bring your own balls, and only men have them.
DotNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

jitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotNet View Post
I guess its a bit offensive. But yeah, its funny.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
priya

priya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotNet View Post
Nice sense of humor man.. I must say.. But it should be censored..
priya is offline   Reply With Quote