My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Miscellaneous > World of Sports
Home Rules Facebook Register FAQ Community

Old 04-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #11
aspundir
VIP Member

aspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aerobatics By Daredevil Women

Graceful: The girls do a passable impression of ballerinas in some of their stunts, which require intense concentration and balance
aspundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
aspundir
VIP Member

aspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond reputeaspundir has a reputation beyond repute

Ultimate thrill: Danielle says the job is like being on the perfect rollercoaster. 'One plane turns upside down above another and I reach down and hold hands with my team mate in one move'
Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
aspundir
VIP Member

Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
aspundir
VIP Member

Commanders : David Barrell (left) and Vic Norman (right) have the enviable job of flying the plane while the glamourous girls strut their stuff on the outside of the aircraft
Old 04-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #15
aspundir
VIP Member

Fellow daredevil Danielle Hughes said being a wing walker was a childhood dream come true.
The 24-year-old from Wiltshire has been a wing lady since she auditioned for the team six years ago.
She said: 'I basically saw wingwalking when I was six and I remember turning to my dad and saying 'that's what I want to do when I grow up.
'When I was 18 a job came up and so I went for it. I had a series of interviews and then had to audition on the wing. I was excited when I first did it, it was such a thrill but it was daunting learning how to climb from the cockpit to the wing.
'The top speed of the plane is 160mph, if you can imagine the feeling of sticking your head out the window while doing 70mph on the motorway, it's twice as much pressure on the wing.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
aspundir
VIP Member

With just the open air separating the from the lush English countryside below, the girls have to have nerves of iron as they perform their daring moves
Old 04-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
aspundir
VIP Member

Soaring success: The girls perform up to 100 wingwalks a year as their aviation adventures take them to events across the UK, Europe, China, UAE and most recently Australia
Old 04-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #18
aspundir
VIP Member

'It can be difficult at times, particularly if we have to perform in the rain, the rain really stings, it feels like you're being pelted with hail and can really hurt.
'We need to go to the gym regularly as you need to build strength but wing walking is a workout in itself.
'When I'm on the wings I feel really free and it's nice to be able to stand on the wing and wave to the crowd below, particularly if your friends and family have come to watch.

Unforgettable: Danielle says the first time she did a stunt was one of the most memorable moments of her life
Old 04-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #19
aspundir
VIP Member

'It's like the ultimate rollercoaster, it's such a thrill.
'My favourite manoeuvre is climbing up from the cockpit and back down at the end, I love climbing across the plane.
'We also do this move where one plane turns upside down above another and I reach down and hold hands with my team mate on the other plane.
'The first time I did that was one of the most memorable moments of my life, such a good feeling and one I'll never forget.'