My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Art & Literature > English Literature

Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #101
anjaan
Special Member

anjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Humour Unlimited by Anjaan

TWENTY NINE LINES TO MAKE YOU SMILE

1.. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't.

2.. I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

3.. Some people are alive only because it's illegal! To kill them.

4.. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

5.. Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

6.. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

7.. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

8.. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

9.. I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are just missing.

10.. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

11.. NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning medicine.

12.. God must love stupid people; He made so many.

13.. The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

14.. Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

15.. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

16.. Being 'over the hill' is much better than being under it!

17.. Wrinkled Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew up.

18 . Procrastinate Now!

19.. I Have a Degree in Liberal Arts; Do You Want Fries With That?

20.. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

21.. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.

22.. Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!

23..They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

24.. He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless DEAD.

25.. A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

26.. Ham and eggs...A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

27.. The trouble with life is there's no background music.

28.. The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

29.. I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.
anjaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #102
anjaan
Special Member

anjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of lightanjaan is a glorious beacon of light

Banta walks into a bar for a bar and takes a seat. However, just as the bartender put the beer on the bar, there was a loud disturbance outside. Hey ran out to see what was going on but soon went back to drink his beer.

When he got back he found his glass empty and a note saying: "Thanks for the beer!"

Banta was a little ticked-off but ordered another beer anyway. Again, just as the bartender put the beer down a loud crash was heard in the street. Thinking that someone ran into his parked car, Banta runs outside to check on things. Seeing that his car was okay he returned to the bar and again found his glass empty and another note that said: "Thanks again, this was as good as the first one."

Well he still hadn't had a beer to quench his thirst, so he ordered another. Just as the bartender put the beer down, a series of shots were heard outside. This time Banta wasn't going to lose his beer to anybody. So he spit into the beer and left a note saying, "Enjoy, I just spit into the beer." He then ran outside to see what had happened.

When Banta returned he was delighted to find that his beer was just where he left it.

However this time the note said: "You enjoy, I spit in it too!"
Old 03-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #103
anjaan
Special Member

I'm the boss in my house

A man was talking to a group of men at a bar and he said, "In my house I am the boss,
I say when the laundry is done and when the cooking is made and when the dishes are washed."

One of the guys at the table said, "How long have you been married?"

The man says, "Oh I'm not married I'm single!"
Old 03-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #104
anjaan
Special Member

A mouse was dancing & enjoying

A mouse was dancing & enjoying in a Lion's Wedding. An Elephant was surprised to see this and asked:

Hey Buddy, Why are YOU dancing & enjoying so much?

Mouse continued enjoying & dancing & replied calmly:

You may not be knowing, but before my marriage, even I was a Lion.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #105
anjaan
Special Member

Not the flight instructor?

A photographer for a national magazine was assigned to take pictures of a great forest fire. He was advised that
a small plane would be waiting to fly him over the fire.

The photographer arrived at the airstrip just an hour before sundown. Sure enough, a small Cessna airplane was waiting.

He jumped in with his equipment and shouted, "Let's go!" The tense man sitting in the pilot's seat swung the
plane into the wind and soon they were in the air, though flying erratically.

"Fly over the north side of the fire," said the photographer, "and make several low-level passes."

"Why?" asked the nervous pilot.

"Because I'm going to take pictures!" yelled the photographer. "I'm a photographer, and photographers take pictures."

The pilot replied, "You mean you're not the flight instructor?"
Old 03-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #106
anjaan
Special Member

10 Classic Indianisms: 'Doing the needful' and more

How to fix grammatically-insane phrases found in common Indian English

"Do one thing...take this piece of chalk..."

We are a unique species, aren’t we? Not humans. Indians, I mean. No other race speaks or spells like we do.

Take greetings for example.

A friendly clerk asking me for my name is apt to start a conversation with, “What is your good name?” As if I hold that sort of information close to my heart and only divulge my evil pseudonym. Bizarre.

I call these Indianisms.

Which got me thinking about a compilation, a greatest hits of the 10 most hilarious Indianisms out there. And here they are. The most common ones, and my favorites among them.

1. 'Passing out'

When you complete your studies at an educational institution, you graduate from that institution.
You do not "pass out" from that institution.
To "pass out" refers to losing consciousness, like after you get too drunk, though I’m not sure how we managed to connect graduating and intoxication.
Oh wait … of course, poor grades throughout the year could lead to a sudden elation on hearing you’ve passed all of your exams, which could lead to you actually "passing out," but this is rare at best.

2. 'Kindly revert'

One common mistake we make is using the word revert to mean reply or respond.
Revert means "to return to a former state."
I can’t help thinking of a sarcastic answer every time this comes up.
“Please revert at the earliest.”
“Sure, I’ll set my biological clock to regress evolutionarily to my original primitive hydrocarbon state at 12 p.m. today."

3. 'Years back'

If it happened in the past, it happened years ago, not "years back."
Given how common this phrase is, I’m guessing the first person who switched "ago" for "back" probably did it years back. See what I mean?
And speaking of "back," asking someone to use the backside entrance sounds so wrong.
“So when did you buy this car?”
“Oh, years back.”
“Cool, can you open the backside? I’d like to get a load in.”

4. 'Doing the needful'

Try to avoid using the phrase "do the needful." It went out of style decades ago, about the time the British left.
Using it today indicates you are a dinosaur, a dinosaur with bad grammar.
You may use the phrase humorously, to poke fun at such archaic speech, or other dinosaurs.
“Will you do the needful?”
“Of course, and I’ll send you a telegram to let you know it's done too.”

5. 'Discuss about'

“What shall we discuss about today?”
“Let’s discuss about politics. We need a fault-ridden topic to mirror our bad grammar.”
You don't "discuss about" something; you just discuss things.
The word "discuss" means to "talk about". There is no reason to insert the word "about" after "discuss."
That would be like saying "talk about about." Which "brings about" me to my next peeve.

6. 'Order for'

"Hey, let’s order for a pizza."
"Sure, and why not raid a library while we’re about it.”
When you order something, you "order" it, you do not "order for" it.
Who knows when or why we began placing random prepositions after verbs?
Perhaps somewhere in our history someone lost a little faith in the "doing" word and added "for" to make sure their order would reach them. They must have been pretty hungry.

7. 'Do one thing'

When someone approaches you with a query, and your reply begins with the phrase "do one thing," you're doing it wrong.
"Do one thing" is a phrase that does not make sense.
It is an Indianism. It is only understood in India. It is not proper English. It is irritating.
There are better ways to begin a reply. And worst of all, any person who starts a sentence with "do one thing" invariably ends up giving you at least five things to do.
“My computer keeps getting hung.”
“Do one thing. Clear your history. Delete your cookies. Defrag your hardrive. Run a virus check. Restart your computer... .”

8. 'Out of station'

“Sorry I can’t talk right now, I’m out of station.”
“What a coincidence, Vijay, I’m in a station right now.”
Another blast from the past, this one, and also, extremely outdated.
What's wrong with "out of town" or "not in Mumbai" or my favorite "I'm not here"?

9. The big sleep

"I’m going to bed now, sleep is coming."
"OK, say hi to it for me."
While a fan of anthropomorphism, I do have my limits. "Sleep is coming" is taking things a bit too far.
Your life isn’t a poem. You don’t have to give body cycles their own personalities.

10. 'Prepone'

“Let’s prepone the meeting from 11 a.m. to 10 a.m.”
Because the opposite of postpone just has to be prepone, right?
"Prepone" is probably the most famous Indianism of all time; one that I’m proud of, and that I actually support as a new entry to all English dictionaries.
Because it makes sense. Because it fills a gap. Because we need it. We’re Indians, damn it. Students of chaos theory.

We don’t have the time to say silly things like "could you please bring the meeting forward."
Prepone it is.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #107
abhisays
Administrator

abhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to abhisays

Boss said to secretary: For a week we will go abroad,so make arrangement.

Secretary make call to Husband: For a week my boss and I will be going abroad, you look after yourself.

Husband make call to secret lover: My wife is going abroad for a week, so lets spend the week together.

Secret lover make call to small boy whom she is giving private tuition: I have work for a week, so you need not come for class.

Small boy make call to his grandfather: Grandpa, for a week I don’t have class ‘coz my teacher is busy. Let’s spend the week together.

Grandpa(the boss) make call to his secretary: This week I am spending my time with my grandson. We cannot attend that meeting.

Secretary make call to her husband: This week my boss has some work, we canceled our trip.

Husband make call to secret lover: We cannot spend this week together, my wife has canceled her trip.

Secret lover make call to small boy whom she is giving private tuition: This week we will have class as usual.

Small boy make call to his grandfather: Grandpa, my teacher said this week I have to attend class. Sorry I can’t give you company.

Grandpa make call to his secretary: Don’t worry this week we will attend that meeting, so make arrangement .

This is called DEAD LOCK
Old 13-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #108
abhisays
Administrator

abhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond reputeabhisays has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to abhisays

GIRLS Are Hard To Please
Go tro' dis and Njoy!

The problems with gals:

If u treat her nicely , she says u are IN LOVE with her;
If u don't , she says u are PROUD.

If u dress Nicely , she says u r trying to LURE her;
If u dont , she says u r from KAMPUNG.

If u argue with her , she says u r STUBBORN;
If u keep quiet , she says u have no BRAINS.

If u r smarter than her , she'll lose FACE;
If she is smarter than u , she is GREAT.

If u dont love her , she tries to POSSESS u;
If u love her, she will try to leave u. (very true huh?)

If u tell her ur PROBLEM , she says u r TROUBLESOME;
If u dont, she says that u dont trust her.

If u scold her , u r like a NANI to her;
If she scolds u , it is because she CARES 4 u.

If u BREAK ur PROMISE , u can't be trusted;
If she BREAKS her , she is FORCED 2 do so.

If u smoke , u r a BAD boy;
If she smokes , she is a new era GIRL.

If u do well in ur exams , she says it's LUCK;
If she does well , it's BRAINS.

If u hurt her , u r CRUEL;
If she hurts u , u r too sensitive!! & so hard to please!!!!

The moral of the story is..........SEND THIS TO GALS OUT THERE.
ANYWAY......Send it to boys also, it will give them some laughter.
Old 14-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #109
ndhebar
Special Member

ndhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond reputendhebar has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to ndhebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisays View Post
please!!!
Girls are just imposible my friend.
Keep away

Last edited by ndhebar; 14-08-2011 at 07:05 PM.
ndhebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #110
MissK
Special Member

MissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond reputeMissK has a reputation beyond repute

Mom: Son, get up it's time to go to College.

Son: No ma. I don't want to go to College.

Mom: Give me two reasons why don't you want to go to college.

Son: 1. All students hate me.
2. The whole staff hates me.

Mom: Ooh! That's not a reason. Come on. You must go to college.

Son: Give me two reasons why I should go to college.

Mom: 1. You are 47 years old.
2. You are the Principal of the college

What does not kill me
makes me stronger!
MissK is offline   Reply With Quote