My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Miscellaneous > Tech Talks

Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
dipu
VIP Member

dipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to dipu
Default Windows 8.1 Preview & Download

You can install Windows 8.1 Preview using the ISO files (.iso) that are provided on this page.

Please note: If you're running Windows 8 Enterprise or the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation on your PC, you'll need to download Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview.

You can find additional information—including system requirements, support options, and a list of supported upgrades—in the FAQ.

How to install Windows 8.1 Preview from an ISO file
To install Windows 8.1 Preview from an ISO file, you must first convert the ISO file into installation media stored on a DVD or a USB flash drive.

If you're using Windows 8, follow these steps to install Windows 8.1 Preview from an ISO file:

Download the ISO (.iso) file.

Double-tap or double-click the ISO file.

Double-tap or double-click setup.exe and follow the steps.
If you're using Windows 7, the easiest way to convert an ISO file to a DVD is to use Windows Disc Image Burner. On a PC running Windows XP or Windows Vista, a third-party program is required to convert an ISO file into installable media—and DVD burning software often includes this capability.

Important
If you decide that you want to install Windows 8.1 Preview using the ISO, you won't be able to uninstall it. If you decide to go back to your previous operating system, you'll need to reinstall it using the recovery or installation media that came with your PC, which is typically DVD media. If you're running Windows 8 and you don't have recovery media, you might be able to create a USB recovery drive. If you're running Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP and you don’t have recovery media, you might be able to create it from a recovery partition on your PC using software provided by your PC manufacturer. Check the support section of your PC manufacturer’s website for more information. After you install Windows 8.1 Preview, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.

Notes before you download
Windows 8.1 Preview is prerelease software that may be substantially modified before it’s commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here. Some product features and functionality may require additional hardware or software.

ISO files
Product Key: NTTX3-RV7VB-T7X7F-WQYYY-9Y92F

English 64-bit (x64) Download (3.8 GB)

English 32-bit (x86) Download (2.8 GB)

Disclamer :- All the My Post are Free Available On INTERNET Posted By Somebody Else, I'm Not VIOLATING Any COPYRIGHTED LAW. If Anything Is Against LAW, Please Notify So That It Can Be Removed.

Last edited by dipu; 10-10-2013 at 09:19 PM.
dipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
dipu
VIP Member

dipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond reputedipu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Windows 8.1 Preview

Disclamer :- All the My Post are Free Available On INTERNET Posted By Somebody Else, I'm Not VIOLATING Any COPYRIGHTED LAW. If Anything Is Against LAW, Please Notify So That It Can Be Removed.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
dipu
VIP Member

Old 10-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
dipu
VIP Member

Old 10-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

jitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant future
Default Re: Windows 8.1 Preview & Download

Just, FYI. 8.1 full version will launch on 26th October. It will be available for free for windows 8 users. So, if you are on windows 8, do not install the preview.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
internetpremi
Diligent Member

internetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendragarg View Post
Just, FYI. 8.1 full version will launch on 26th October. It will be available for free for windows 8 users. So, if you are on windows 8, do not install the preview.
Noted.
In any case, my laptop is quite old.
I am still running Windows Vista.
When I get a new laptop, after the lifetime of the present laptop, I will get the latest Windows system.
No point in disturbing my present set up, which is running smoothly.
Also, Windows 8.1 must be having minimum hardware requirements.
Unless one checks if the system is capable of benefiting from Windows 8.1, I don't advise tinkering with a working OS, whatever it is.
I understand, unless one is using a touch screen, Windows 7 is good enough, stable and safe? There may be no real need to upgrade to Windows 8.
Am I right?

internetpremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:28 AM   #7
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

jitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetpremi View Post
Noted.
In any case, my laptop is quite old.
I am still running Windows Vista.
When I get a new laptop, after the lifetime of the present laptop, I will get the latest Windows system.
No point in disturbing my present set up, which is running smoothly.
Also, Windows 8.1 must be having minimum hardware requirements.
Unless one checks if the system is capable of benefiting from Windows 8.1, I don't advise tinkering with a working OS, whatever it is.
I understand, unless one is using a touch screen, Windows 7 is good enough, stable and safe? There may be no real need to upgrade to Windows 8.
Am I right?

New is always better -- Bill Gates.

It has been too long, since vista launch. You will see a lot of performance boost. For old laptop, I will say go for it, considering you are on Vista. There aren't any special requirement, so if you can run vista, you can run windows 8 much better.

But, if you are on windows 7, there is not much point in upgrading. If you get it for free, go for it, or else just wait for a while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in case, you want to know advantages over vista (few of these are in windows 7 as well):

1) You can pause copy/move actions. It displays a graph and speed properly, so much less guessing.
2) You can pin programs to taskbar, so that everything you need is one-click away.
3) Mount/burn iso natively. No need for any iso program.
4) Comes with built-in antivirus and malware protection.
5) Automatic maintenance keeps system clean. No disk defragmentation, removing old files or registries. So, no need of any system cleaner software.
6) Comes with PDF reader, News reader, Stock prices reader, Mail, facebook/twitter app, weather app, 2 different media players (one for quick usage, and the classic one)
7) Commonly opened files can be opened from taskbar icon. Have word open, and need to open a document, just right click.
8) Supports IE11 with built in flash player, html 5 player, proper tab support, download manager, and hundreds of performance improvement.
9) You can pin a website, folder, and even a file on start screen / taskbar. Pin myhindiforum, and it will get its own icon.
10) Supports connected stand-by. No need to shutdown, just close the lid and put on standby. After 3 hours (approx. 2% battery use), it will automatically hibernate. Open the lid, and back in few seconds (even if it hibernated, takes me 5 seconds), right where you left off.

11) Hit window key, and type for instant search result. Works for files, programs, settings, contacts (facebook, twitter, gmail, Skype), news, weather, and most apps. (My personal favourite feature)

These are some things you will notice right away. Other than these, very fast boot time (9 second on my laptop vs. 30 seconds with win 7), 10-20% performance improvement, less ram requirement, and of course better security. You will also be able to use small apps (tablet like apps in similar interface), but won't ever need to. There are a lot of games to try though.

Not having start button to click will be difficult to adjust at first, so I will suggest downloading start8 or other such tool. So, if your laptop is old and you are on vista, you should try windows 8.

P.S. Technical talk, hence the use of English. I hate typing technical words in Hindi as they make no sense.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #8
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

Oh, and 8.1 has dozens of improvement to add. So, I will say, spend a few hours, and upgrade. It might be worth it, if it gives your old laptop some much needed boost.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
internetpremi
Diligent Member

internetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this update and for the interesting info on advantages of Windows 8.1
This laptop I am using is over 6 years old!
2 GB memory. 150 GB disk space.
Hardly any disk space is left and I am unwilling to delete all the photos, videos, documents and drawings collected over the years, to make way for additional disk space.
The processor is an outdated AMD Athlon X2
It is functioning very well and meets all my present needs in my retired life.
This laptop supplements my Ipad and my Galaxy Note "phablet"

I fully agree on the tremendous advantages of Windows 7/8/8.1 over Vista.
But I am most reluctant to take a risk on installing such an advanced operating system on 6 year old hardware.

I foresee, that in a few months from now, I will get a new laptop.
So I prefer not to upgrade now.
Thanks any way for your informative suggestions.
internetpremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetpremi View Post
Thanks for this update and for the interesting info on advantages of Windows 8.1
This laptop I am using is over 6 years old!
2 GB memory. 150 GB disk space.
Hardly any disk space is left and I am unwilling to delete all the photos, videos, documents and drawings collected over the years, to make way for additional disk space.
The processor is an outdated AMD Athlon X2
It is functioning very well and meets all my present needs in my retired life.
This laptop supplements my Ipad and my Galaxy Note "phablet"

I fully agree on the tremendous advantages of Windows 7/8/8.1 over Vista.
But I am most reluctant to take a risk on installing such an advanced operating system on 6 year old hardware.

I foresee, that in a few months from now, I will get a new laptop.
So I prefer not to upgrade now.
Thanks any way for your informative suggestions.

Makes sense. If you are going for new laptop, then no reason to waste time on upgrading OS on current one.