My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Miscellaneous > World of Sports

Old 03-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
pratul

pratul is on a distinguished road
Default Best Quotes for Sachin

Find out what the other cricketers have to say...

Sir Don Bradman
I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...hi compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel! in reference to Sachin Tendulkar.

Dennis Lillee:
If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard.

Brain Lara

Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal.

Sunil Gavaskar:
India's fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is the real thing

Allan Donald
"Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has
many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the
world".

Matt Hayden
"I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India".

Peter Roebuck:
"On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in India!!"

Glenn McGrath
I still think Tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world ahead of Steve Waugh and Lara.

Shane Warne:
I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player.

Viv Richards
I think he is marvelous. I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that's going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he's 99.5% perfect.

Andy Flower:
"There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others."

Richie Benaud:
He has defined cricket in his fabulous, impeccable manner. He is to batting what Shane Warne is to bowling.

Geoffrey Boycott:
Technically, you can't fault Sachin. Seam or spin, fast or slow nothing is a problem.

Anil Kumble:
"I am fortunate that I've to bowl at him only in the nets!"

Greg Chappell:
He is a perfectly balanced batsman and knows perfectly well when to attack and when to play defensive cricket. He has developed the ability to treat bowlers all over the world with contempt and can destroy any attack with utmost ease.

Barry Richards:
Sachin is cricket's God!

Andrew Symonds:
"To Sachin, the man we all want to be"
What Symonds wrote on an aussie t-shirt he autographed specially for Sachin.

Ian Chappell:
Harder he works, the luckier he gets.

Mark Taylor:
"We did not lose to a team called India...we lost to a man called Sachin" - during the test match in Chennai (1997)

BBC Sports
Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure.

Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom.

When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives.

Last edited by pratul; 03-03-2010 at 03:12 PM.
pratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

jitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant future

You know someone else has already posted most of those quotes. But I doubted the authenticity of those quotes. Anyways, these are cool quotes.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
sony

sony has a spectacular aura aboutsony has a spectacular aura about
Question

Sachin is God..hmm.. let's see what people says once he loses his form..
sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
crumejack

crumejack is on a distinguished road

Virendra Sehwag:

Both of us have come a long away and it is a great honour that Tendulkar thinks I come close to resembling him as a batsman. It is a great honour, like a dream come true. If I die tomorrow I'll be the happiest man because I played this game because of Tendulkar, and Tendulkar himself saying that I resemble him - there is no bigger compliment than that.

Brett Lee:

You might pitch a ball on the off stump and think you have bowled a good ball and he walks across and hits it for two behind midwicket. His bat looks so heavy but he just waves it around like it's a toothpick. Brett Lee, on Sachin Tendulkar's batting, 1999

Steve Waugh:

"You take Don Bradman away and he is next up I reckon."

Ian Chappell

Whenever I see Sachin play I am reminded of the Graeme Pollock quote of Cricket being a 'see the ball, hit the ball game.' He hits the ball as if it's there to be hit.
crumejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
Gopal

Gopal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best Quotes for Sachin

Indeed Sachin is God Of Cricket
Gopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
pavan1804

pavan1804 is on a distinguished road

Sachin Tendulkar weh khiladi hai jisne international cricket main sab se jiyada centuri mari hai. Yeh baat to bharat ka baccha baccha janta hai. par kya aap yeh jaante hai ki. sachin ke baad doosre , teesri even 10 ve number par kaun hai?
agar nahi to yeh list aapko batayegi ki top 50 international player in terns of number of centuries scored
http://vyaparkendra.com/Blogs/Top-50...centuries.aspx

Last edited by pavan1804; 30-11-2012 at 11:23 AM.
pavan1804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
ALEX

ALEX has much to be proud ofALEX has much to be proud ofALEX has much to be proud ofALEX has much to be proud ofALEX has much to be proud ofALEX has much to be proud ofALEX has much to be proud ofALEX has much to be proud of

"I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India" - Matthew Hayden "I am fortunate that I've to bowl at him only in the nets!" - Anil Kumble "India me aap Prime Minister ko ek baar katghare me khada kar sakte hain. Par Sachin Tendulkar par ungli nahi utha Sakte." - Navjot Singh Sidhu
ALEX is offline   Reply With Quote