My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Art & Literature > English Literature
Home Rules Facebook Register FAQ Community

Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #11
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Moral Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet View Post
2 Woman friends chatting in office

Woman 1: I had a fine evening, how was yours?

Woman 2: It was a disaster. My husband came home, ate his dinnerin 3 mins & fell asleep in 2 mins.
How was yours?

Woman 1: Oh it was amazing! My husband came home and took meout for a romantic dinner. After dinner we walked for an hour.When we came home he lit the candles around the house. It was
like a fairy tale!

At the same time, their husband sare talking at work

Husband 1: How was your evening?

Husband 2: Great. I came home,dinner was on the table, I ate & fell a sleep. What about you?

Husband 1: It was horrible. I came home, there's no dinner, they cut the electricity because I forgot to
pay the bill; so I took her out for dinner which was so expensive that didn't have money left for a cab.
We walked home which took an hour & when we got home remember there was no electricity
so I had to light candles all over the house!!

Moral:
Presentation does matter. No matter what the reality is!!

Well done, my dear friend. Presentation depends on how romantic you are. It is like two pictures of the same landscape by two cameramen. One picure shows 'as it is' and the other one shows 'what he wants others to watch'. Thanks for this funny anecdote, jeet ji.
rajnish manga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
shaunmike

shaunmike is on a distinguished road

This is the story of a long-gone era. In the country of India, nearly five thousand years back, lived a boy named Eklavya, the son of a tribal chief in the forests of the kingdom- Hastinapura. Eklavya was a brave, handsome boy. He was loved by all. But he was not happy.

His father saw that something troubled Eklavya. More than once he found his son lost deep in thought when other boys enjoyed the pleasures of hunting and playing. One day the father asked his son, Why are you so unhappy, Eklavya? Why don t you join your friends? Why are you not interested in hunting?
shaunmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
jai_bhardwaj
Exclusive Member

jai_bhardwaj has disabled reputation

A Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.

The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter, 'Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river.'

The little girl said, 'No, Dad. You hold my hand.'

'What's the difference?' asked the puzzled father.

'There's a big difference,' replied the little girl.

'If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go but if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go.'

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond.

So hold the hand of the person you love rather than expecting them to hold yours.

This message is too short......but carries a lot of Feelings
पात्रतात धनम आप्नोति, धनात धर्मः, ततः सुखम ।।

कभी कभी -->http://kadaachit.blogspot.in/
यहाँ मिलूँगा: https://www.facebook.com/jai.bhardwaj.754
jai_bhardwaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
jai_bhardwaj
Exclusive Member

Once upon a time, there was once a guy who was very much in love with this girl.

This romantic guy folded 1,000 pieces of papercranes as a gift to his girl. Although, at that time he was just a small executive in his company, his future doesn't seemed too bright, they were very happy together. Until one day, his girl told him she was going to Paris and will never come back. She also told him that she cannot visualise any future for the both of them, so let's go their own ways there and then... heartbroken, the guy agreed.

When he regained his confidence, he worked hard day and night, slogging his body and mind just to make something out of himself. Finally with all these hardwork and with the help of friends, this guy had set up his own company...

"You never fail until you stop trying." he always told himself. "I must make it in life!"

One rainy day, while this guy was driving, he saw an elderly couple sharing an umbrella in the rain walking to some destination. Even with the umbrella, they were still drenched. It didn't take him long to realise those were his ex-girlfriend' s parents. With a heart in getting back at them, he drove slowly beside the couple, wanting them to spot him in his luxury sedan. He wanted them to know that he wasn't the same anymore, he had his own company, car, condo, etc. He had made it in life!

Before the guy can realise, the couple was walking towards a cemetary,and he got out of his car and followed them...and he saw his ex-girlfriend, a photograph of her smiling sweetly as ever at him from her tombstone... and he saw his precious papercranes in a bottle placed beside her tomb.

Her parents saw him. He walked over and asked them why this had happened. They explained, she did not leave for France at all. She was stricken ill with cancer. In her heart, she had believed that he will make it someday, but she did not want her illness to be his obstacle ... therefore she had chosen to leave him.

She had wanted her parents to put his papercranes beside her, because, if the day comes when fate brings him to her again he can take some of those back with him. The guy just wept ...the worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them but knowing you can't have them and will never see them again.

Old 28-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
jai_bhardwaj
Exclusive Member

Once, there was this guy, who was in love with a girl.

She wasn't the most beautiful and gorgeous but for him, she was everything.

He used to dream about her, about spending the rest of life with her. His friends told him, "why do you dream so much about her, when you don't even know if she loves you or not? First tell her your feelings, and get to know if she likes you or not".

He felt that was the right way. The girl knew from the beginning, that this guy loves her. One day when he proposed, she rejected him.

His friends thought he would take to alcohol; drugs etc. and ruin his life.

To their surprise, he was not depressed. When they asked him how was it that he is not sad, he replied, "why should I feel bad? I lost one who never loved me she lost the one who really loved and cared for her."

Old 28-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #16
jai_bhardwaj
Exclusive Member

A boy and a girl were playing together. The boy had a collection of marbles. The girl had some sweets with her. The boy told the girl that he will give her all his marbles in exchange for her sweets. The girl agreed.

The boy kept the biggest and the most beautiful marble aside and gave the rest to the girl. The girl gave him all her sweets as she had promised.

That night, the girl slept peacefully. But the boy couldn't sleep as he kept wondering if the girl had hidden some sweets from him the way he had hidden his best marble.

Moral of the story

If you don't give your hundred percent in a relationship, you'll always keep doubting if the other person has given his/her hundred percent.. This is applicable for any relationship like love, employer-employee relationship,friendship etc., Give your hundred percent to everything you do and sleep peacefully.

Old 28-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
jai_bhardwaj
Exclusive Member

A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the gem of their eyes.

When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for office so he asked his wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the kitchen totally forgot the matter.

The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to the bottle fascinated by its color and drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed the mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned. She was terrified how to face her husband.

When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just five words.

QUESTIONS:

1. What were the five words?

2. What is the implication of this story?

ANSWER:

The husband just said "I am with you Darling"

The husband's totally unexpected reaction is a proactive behavior.

The child is dead. He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this would not have happened.

No one is to be blamed. She had also lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her.

If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

Moral of the story

Sometimes we spend time in asking who is responsible or whom to blame, whether in a relationship, in a job or with the people we know. By this way we miss out some warmth in human relationships.

Old 28-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #18
jai_bhardwaj
Exclusive Member

A saint once asked his disciples, "Why do people shout at each other when they are upset? "

His disciples thought for a while, and one of them said, "Because we lose our calm, and so we shout."

The saint replied, "Yes, but why they need to shout when the other person is just next to you? Why is it not possible to speak with a soft voice when you are angry?"

The disciples gave some creative answers which did not satisfy the saint.

Finally the saint explained to them, "When two people are angry at each other, their hearts are very distant. To cover that distance they must shout to hear each other. The angrier they are, the louder the need becomes to reach across that great distance."

Then the saint added, "When two people are in love they usually talk softly because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is small so they only need to whisper, and they become even closer to each other in love. Finally they need not even whisper, they just look at each other in silence. That's how close two people are when they love each other."