My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Art & Literature > English Literature

Old 15-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #11
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classical Revenge

“So, you weren’t lovers?”

“No, not at all. We just spent a lot of time talking.”

“In hotel rooms.”

“Yes.”

“I see.”

Luci felt that Amy might not shoot her as long as they kept talking. “Why did you kill these other men?”

“I needed the raw material.”

“Raw material?”

“For my strings.”

“You said your strings were man-made!”

Amy gave Luci a sinister grin.

“You killed these men just so you could make guitar strings?”

“Sure. These men and many others. I told you I make most of my money through online sales. Why do you think I bother with walk-in traffic?”

“To get raw material? What did you do with the rest of the bodies?”

>>>
Old 15-07-2014, 11:13 PM   #12
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute

“We just flush them down into the sewer system. Pretty easy—if you have a commercial meat grinder. And it’s a shame, really. The typical candidate is a loner that nobody particularly likes or understands. Once I had put that first guy out of his misery, I did a little experimenting and discovered what wonderful strings I could make. Practically overnight, I had a real business. So, that’s why my strings sound so good.” She raised the pistol, ready to fire.

“And now I’m going to enjoy the sound of you dying.”

“Wait. The people in the store next door will hear the gunshot. You can’t shoot me in here.”

“Good point.” Amy lowered the gun.

Luci relaxed a little bit. Maybe she really could talk her way out of this mess.

She didn’t hear Casey sneaking up behind her.
>>>
Old 15-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #13
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

Last edited by rajnish manga; 15-07-2014 at 11:21 PM.
rajnish manga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #14
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

Casey listened, as his mother played the Bach arrangement on her guitar. When she finished, he said, “That sounds amazing, Mom. What do you plan to name this batch of strings?”

She handed him a freshly printed string box label, and he read the name.

Amy Strings – Luci nell’anima.

Casey said, “What language is this?”

“It’s Italian. It means ‘Shine your light into the soul.’”

“That’s beautiful.”

“Thanks.” Amy turned her head. “What do you think, Luci?”

Luci didn’t respond.

Casey said, “From the look on her face, I’d say she approves.”

Luci sat at the poker table, motionless, smiling at her lover, Carl.

THE END