My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Miscellaneous > Travel & Tourism
Home Rules Facebook Register FAQ Community

Old 06-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #1
imtiaz

imtiaz is on a distinguished road
Default Good places to visit near Bangalore

Bannerghatta National Park is about 22 km from Bangalore in Karnataka. This zoological garden is spread over area of about 25000 acres. It consists of dense forest and scrub land becoming home for wild animals like bison, leopard, wild boar as well as being an important corridor for elephants migrating between the eastern and western ghats.

Bheemeshwari is a small town that lies between the Shivanasamudra falls and Mekedatu falls, on the Cauvery river in Mandya district of Karnataka. It is a great spot for eco-tourism and is a natural habitat for the mahseer fish found in the waters of the Cavery. Mahseer is considered as one of the finest game fish in the world.

Channarayana Durga : Kaidala, situated a mere 9 km from Tumkur town off Gulur village on the Kunigal road, hosts two exquisite temples sculpted by Jakanachari. It is famous for a small Dravidian style Kaidala Chennakeshava Temple buit in 1150. Jakanachari, the master sculptor was born and brought up at Kaidala.

Chennakeshava Temple : Kaidala, situated a mere 9 km from Tumkur town off Gulur village on the Kunigal road, hosts two exquisite temples sculpted by Jakanachari. It is famous for a small Dravidian style Kaidala Chennakeshava Temple buit in 1150. Jakanachari, the master sculptor was born and brought up at Kaidala.

Devarayan Durga is a rocky hill station situated in the midst of picturesque scenery at an altitude of 3940 feet, about nine miles east of Tumkur town of Karnataka State of India. It is 65 km from Bangalore, India, by road on Tumkur road There are 3 elevations and seven gates leading to the top.

Living in Bangalore , not many of us are aware of the natural resources present in the vicinity of our city. One such location is the Jayamangali (formerly Maidenahalli) Blackbuck Conservation Reserve is Tumkur District. This reserve is only notified protected area is the part of the Deccan Plateau.

Shivagange is a hill which looks like the shape of the Shiva Linga from one of its sides. There are spring water spots found on this hill, it is believed that the water is “Gange” sacred river for Hindus. Hence the name “Shivagange”. Just about 60kms from Bangalore, near Dobbspet, Tumkur district this hill is ideal location for a one day trek. Also it is a holy place which is known as “Dakshina Kashi”.

Malai Mahadeshwara Betta or MM Hills is the famous for the temple of Lord Sri Mahadeshwara, incarnate of Lord Shiva. This temple is situated at an attitude of 3000 feet in the Kollegala taluk, Chamarajanagar district, Karnataka State. There are about 77 hills around the Eastern Ghats near MM Hills.

The beautiful Nandi Hills, popularly known as Nandi Betta or Nandi Durga for the locals and the people of Karnataka. This hillock is situated about 60 km from Bangalore City, about 24 kms from Chickballapur town. Nandi is the bull in Sanskrit, Kannada and Telugu. He is the sacred abode or Vahana to Lord Shiva. Nandi Hills gets its name from the famous Nandi temple situated atop this hill.
imtiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
swahil

swahil is on a distinguished road

You missed out Innovative Film City which is in Bangalore..
swahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
priya

priya is on a distinguished road

I have never visited Bangalore but I know it is one of the better cities of India to live and travel..

Whenever I get chance to come to India, I will definitely go to Bangalore.
priya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
jitendragarg
Tech. Support

jitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant futurejitendragarg has a brilliant future

I think by good places, he meant parks, monuments and that kinda stuff. Innovative film city should not be considered as a place to visit, but as a nice weekend hangout spot. Also, in that case, Wonderla should also be a included.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
sony

sony has a spectacular aura aboutsony has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendragarg View Post
I think by good places, he meant parks, monuments and that kinda stuff. Innovative film city should not be considered as a place to visit, but as a nice weekend hangout spot. Also, in that case, Wonderla should also be a included.
Well said, Jitedendra.. I am fully agree with you. Also, Wonderla is one of my favorite weekend destinations in Bangalore..
sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
RancchoddasChanchad

RancchoddasChanchad is on a distinguished road

"bandar la" me aisa kya khaas hai, jo tum log uski itni tareef kar rahe ho.
RancchoddasChanchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
Madhu

Madhu is just really niceMadhu is just really niceMadhu is just really niceMadhu is just really nice

Hi friends,

Here are some excellent places to visit near Bangalore.........
Madhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
Madhu

Madhu is just really niceMadhu is just really niceMadhu is just really niceMadhu is just really nice
Default Bannerghatta National Park

The park is situated in a picturesque surrounding with a variety of fauna, at Anekal Road. The main attractions are bisons, Elephants, Baboons, Panthers, Jackals and Lion taled Monkeys. The park has a snake park and lion and tiger safari.
Open 0900 – 1200, 1400 – 1700, Closed on Tuesday. It covers a 100 sq km, has a lion and tiger ’safari’ in a ‘caged’ car. The park also offers elephant rides.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #9
Madhu

Default Channapatna

Channapatna is a wonder land of wooden toys. Every person in this town is involved in some aspect of making colourful lacquer wooden toys
Old 03-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #10
Madhu

Default Mekedatu

It is a beautiful picnic spot were river Cauvery offers an unforgettable site. It tumbles down majestically through a deep ravine, on top of which is a chasm around 5meters wide, narrow enough for a goat to leak across. Mekedatu is on Kanakapura Road