My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > New India > India & World

Old 17-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
amol
Special Member

amol is a jewel in the roughamol is a jewel in the roughamol is a jewel in the rough
Default Mamata Banerjee :: Some old snaps

Today I found some old snaps of Mamata Banerjee from her official facebook page.

She is founder & leader of All India Trinamool Congress, and the present Chief Minister of West Bengal.

https://www.facebook.com/MamataBanerjeeOfficial
amol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
amol
Special Member

amol is a jewel in the roughamol is a jewel in the roughamol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mamata Banerjee :: Some old snaps

There in her latest comment, she has expressed her thoughts about Ex-president Kalam

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee...

Into ever widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my father let my country awake

By Rabindranath Tagore

Brothers and sisters, my fellow countrymen,

Today I am starting a dynamic engagement process with all of you through this page. This is my first post on this page. I am a humble, transparent, common person like the vast majority of you. I gave voice to what millions of Indians want to see in a President.

Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam is a proud and distinguished son of India who continues to inspire all Indians. He embodies qualities I greatly admire and believe in practicing daily. He is a man of integrity who has held his head high and made the nation proud through his achievements. He is a seeker of truth, a fount of knowledge and an impartial voice of reason and sanity, who is above narrow politics. He is the kind of man all our citizens aspire to make President.

My Party is a small party. We are not a big party with none of the resources others possess. We are led by truth and conviction. All through my life I have stood by my principles. I stand by the position I have taken.

We in the All India Trinamool Congress support Dr. Kalam as the Presidential candidate. I have already given a clarion call to other parties to support Dr. Kalam as President. Along with my other fellow citizens I can only urge them to consider this call. Let our country be led forward by people such as him, people of free thought and honourable action who will not hesitate to do what is just and right.

In a democracy people’s will is supreme. I request all my fellow citizens to petition their public representatives to stand up, support and vote for Dr. Kalam. Let your voice be heard. I will bow to the will of the people.
Old 17-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
amol
Special Member

Born to Sri Promileswar Banerjee and Gayatri Devi, I was born and brought up in a lower middle class family, which became my source of identification with the grass root level.
Old 17-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
amol
Special Member

Joined Indian National Congress which encouraged me to take up bigger challenges and start serving the people.

Old 17-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
amol
Special Member

Being elected as the General Secretary of the State Mohila Congress (1976-1980) was an important step in my journey. It made me realize the responsibility of representing the women's rights. Glad to have had a mentor like Shri. Rajiv Gandhi.

Old 17-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
amol
Special Member

A turning point of her political career - a historic victory from Jadavpur constituency. A vote of confidence from people in democracy in West Bengal.
Old 17-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
amol
Special Member

1989 in Kolkata
An upsurge of anti-Congress stigma in the years preceding the 1989 elections, which also resulted in me losing the seat.

Old 17-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
amol
Special Member

After a victory in 1991 elections, Rao Government gave me the portfolio of the Union Minister of State for HRD, Youth Affairs and Sports and Women and Child Development