My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Miscellaneous > Healthy Body

Old 30-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Staver32

Staver32 is on a distinguished road
Default Ayurvedic remedy for vata disorders

If you are an Ayurvedic geek, you might be surely familiar with the three humours or tridoshas of body – vata, pita and kapha. According to Ayurveda, a balance of these three humours is vital for health. Among these, vata provides the energy for movements. It is said that vata people, (those with vata predominance in the body), talk and walk quickly; they have a quick mind and are known for their creativity.Ayurvedic practitioners say that vata people are more vulnerable to diseases like pneumonia and arthritis because these diseases involve the air principle. Ayurveda has well planned principles in controlling vata–related diseases such as arthritis.

Njavarakkizhi is one of the main traditional treatments employed by Ayurveda in treating arthritis. The medicinal quality of Njavara rice and the herb kurumthotti (Sida rhombifolia) is exploited in this method. Njavara rice, cooked in milk and kurumthotti, is tied in small cotton cloth bags and they will be kept in warm milk decoction before the treatment. Once the treatment begins, the patient will be massaged rhythmically by the masseurs using this kizhi (cloth bags) and it will help cure arthritis.

``I was suffering from arthritis for a long time and it was through arthritis ayurvedic treatment , that I could find relief from the pain. Now I can move my legs freely,’’ says Sheela Rajagopal a housewife from Bangalore. There are many like her, ready to testify the efficacy of Ayurvedic system in treating arthritis.
Staver32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #2
Marisha

Marisha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ayurvedic remedy for vata disorders

Good and information post. Thanks for the upload.
Marisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
Marisha

Marisha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ayurvedic remedy for vata disorders

Bahut hi accha aur informative post tha...Sukriya
Marisha is offline   Reply With Quote