My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > Art & Literature > English Literature
Home Rules Facebook Register FAQ Community

Old 04-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
bindujain
VIP Member

bindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inspirational Quotes - Stories - Anecdotes By Postman

I am very happy to share some of my favourite collection of inspirational quotes, stories & pics.

I hope you'll like it ~ as much i do...
Old 04-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
bindujain
VIP Member

bindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond reputebindujain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inspirational Quotes - Stories - Anecdotes By Postman

Self-Appraisal (An Inspiring Story)

A little boy went into a drug store, reached for a soda carton and pulled it over to the telephone. He climbed onto the carton so that he could reach the buttons on the phone and proceeded to punch in ten-digits (phone numbers).

The store-owner observed and listened to the conversation:

Boy: ‘Lady, Can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?

Woman: (at the other end of the phone line): ‘I already have someone to cut my lawn.’

Boy: ‘Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price of the person who cuts your lawn now.’

Woman: I’m very satisfied with the person who is presently cutting my lawn.

Boy: (with more perseverance): ‘I’ll even sweepyour curb and your sidewalk, so on Sunday you will have the prettiest lawn in all of Palm beach, Florida.’

Woman: No, thank you.

With a smile on his face, the little boy replaced the receiver.

The store-owner, who was listening to all this, walked over to the boy.

Store Owner: ‘Son... I like your attitude; I like that positive spirit and would like to offer you a job.’

Boy: ‘No thanks’.

Store Owner: But you were really pleading for one.

Boy: No Sir, I was just checking my performance at the job I already have. I am the one who is working for that lady, I was talking to!'

This is what we call ‘Self Appraisal’ ...
Old 04-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
bindujain
VIP Member

there is always SOMETHING which can be done, no matter how helpless you are

Attached Images
This post has an attachment which you could see if you were registered. Registering is quick and easy
Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
bindujain
VIP Member

what a shame that she wasnt selected for NOBLE PRIZE

but does that make any difference to HER

Attached Images
This post has an attachment which you could see if you were registered. Registering is quick and easy
Old 04-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
bindujain
VIP Member

why Brucelee was unmatchable...

because he constantly raised his levels...

who could have beat him

Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We'd run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-two minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a half minutes per mile]. So this morning he said to me "We're going to go five." I said, "Bruce, I can't go five. I'm a helluva lot older than you are, and I can't do five." He said, "When we get to three, we'll shift gears and it's only two more and you'll do it." I said "Okay, hell, I'll go for it." So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I'm okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out. I'm tired, my heart's pounding, I can't go any more and so I say to him, "Bruce if I run any more," --and we're still running-"if I run any more I'm liable to have a heart attack and die." He said, "Then die." It made me so mad that I went the full five miles. Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, "Why did you say that?" He said, "Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it'll spread over into the rest of your life. It'll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level."
Attached Images
Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
bindujain
VIP Member

Please do not ignore me...

Attached Images
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
bindujain
VIP Member

What a presence of mind...

Attached Images
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
bindujain
VIP Member

The black balloon.....

A man was selling balloons in a park.
All the kids gathered and purchased balloons from him. At last only one black balloon was left for a black boy.
He was reluctant to purchase a black balloon.
The balloon vendor asked him ....why did not he like to take the black balloon.
The boy replied..... uncle, since I am black in colour, no body likes me. So I hate the black colour itself.
The balloon vendor smiled at the boy and said with love in his eyes,.... boy, listen, it is not the colour, but the content which makes the balloon fly high in the sky...
The balloon vendor freed the thread of the black balloon, the boy kept on starring at the horizon where the balloon merged with the sun....

Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
bindujain
VIP Member

God's Coffee

A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.

Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some
expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to the coffee.

When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said:

"If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.

Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee. In most cases it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink.

What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups... And then you began eyeing each other's cups.

Now consider this: Life is the coffee; the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of Life we live.

Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee God has provided us."

God brews the coffee, not the cups.......... Enjoy your coffee!

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything."

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
bindujain
VIP Member

Do Not Compare Your Work

A mechanic was removing the cylinder heads from the motor of a car when he spotted the famous heart surgeon in his shop, who was standing off to the side, waiting for the service manager to come to take a look at his car.

The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hello Doctor! Please come over here for a minute."

The famous surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked argumentatively, "So doctor, look at this. I also open hearts, take valves out, grind 'em, put in new parts, and when I finish this will work as a new one. So how come you get the big money, when you and me is doing basically the same work."

The doctor leaned over and whispered to the mechanic, "Try to do it when the engine is running."