My Hindi Forum

Go Back   My Hindi Forum > New India > India & World
Home Rules Facebook Register FAQ Community

Old 24-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #11
Awara
Special Member

Awara is a splendid one to beholdAwara is a splendid one to beholdAwara is a splendid one to beholdAwara is a splendid one to beholdAwara is a splendid one to beholdAwara is a splendid one to beholdAwara is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tarun Tejpal Case :: Read the victim's letter

The Journalist’s Response: November 21

The complainant responded on November 21, in an email to Tehelka Managing Editor Shoma Chaudhury that Tejpal’s account of what happened on November 7 and 8 differed from hers on the following counts:

1. The use of the words “sexual liaison” is a clear misrepresentation of facts, and an attempt to obfuscate the truth—that he sexually molested me, on two separate occasions and that he violated my bodily integrity and trust.

2. He did not even once, utter the words “I withdraw that straight away–no relationship of mine has anything at all, ever, to do with that”. I have written this in my response to his ‘private’ email to me as well, which is cc’d to you and my colleagues who have known about him sexually molesting me from November 7.

She went on to also point out:

“In conversations with my colleagues you have said that you do not contest the facts of my testimony, which is why you do not see it necessary to constitute an anti sexual harassment cell as per the Vishakha guidelines in this case. However, given that his apology presents an entirely different version from my testimony, i.e. attempts to establish that a “sexual liaison” took place as opposed to him sexually molesting me, I insist once again in the spirit of justice, to constitute an anti sexual harassment cell in accordance with the Vishakha guidelines to investigate this matter.”

She also asked Chaudhury to: “publicly withdraw your statement that I or other Tehelka journalists are “satisfied”, since my colleagues do not know the full extent of what was done to me, and I am deeply hurt that as my mentor, you could suggest in any way that this blatant misrepresentation of facts would be satisfactory to me.”
Old 24-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #12
internetpremi
Diligent Member

internetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond reputeinternetpremi has a reputation beyond repute

Shocking!
Years ago, it was KPS Gill.
Recently Abhishek Sanghvi.
And now Tarun Tejpal.

What is wrong with our men?
The bus gang rape could be explained by saying it was lack of education.
Now it is clear, even education does not seem to make a difference.

The apology should be rejected.
An FIR should be registered.
Tarun Tejpal should be prosecuted and punished.
I hope the unfortunate victim is not persuaded to withdraw her complaint by powerful and rich people.
internetpremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
rajnish manga
Super Moderator

rajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond reputerajnish manga has a reputation beyond repute

No more updates?
rajnish manga is offline   Reply With Quote